2017 2500hd Denali Driver Seat

Hey guys, I have a 2017 Sierra 2500hd denali 4x4

Bought new about 2 weeks ago and am finding when I'm climbing in and out of the truck the front seat squeaks.

It sounds like the leather rubbing on something.

When just driving it's fine, but shifting myself around or getting in and out there is a squeaking noise?

Its driving me nuts! The cabin is next to silent except this issue...

A 3500hd denali i test drove did not have this problem.

Just wondering if its something simple before i go bothering my dealer....

As a side note I also have a 2017 Yukon Denali and the seats make no noise at all and side by side they are the same seat. 

My '16 Denali has had the front seat squeak since it was new. To me, it sounds like it is coming from the leather rubbing the plastic panels on the sides. A temp fix has been to put a little extra leather conditioner between the leather and the plastic, but again, this is short lived. I've been annoyed with this issue too. It will be two years and 22K miles next month. You think it would've softened by now. Maybe somebody has another fix? Or maybe it's something I'll still get fixed under warranty?

• 4 weeks later...

The squeaking will only get worse....  I have a 2106 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali with 8,500 miles and it has squeaky seats.  The seat squeaks every time I turn a corner or hit a bump.  Very irritating for a $60k truck.  I have taken it to the dealership twice.  The first time, they installed clips to stop my seat from moving; however it did not stop the squeaks.  After the second visit, the dealership said there is nothing they can do.  The service manager even said his 2016 2500 Denali does that same thing.  Truck now sits in my driveway as I drive my '93 Geo Metro.  I can't stand the squeaky seats.  Does Anyone have a solution for the squeaky seats??? 

I've owned GM products for over 25 years.   FYI...  I tried out a Ford and Toyota with leather seats...  no squeaks.  My wife's mini with leather seats... no squeaks.  The 2011 GMC 2500 Denali I traded in... no squeaks.  Definitely NOT Professional Grade!  GMC needs to fix this problem or I will switch brands.

Clips didn't stop the seat movement on my '16 slt, but the new rails tried next stopped it completely.

Maybe that is also the solution for the squeak in the 16 denali seat?

Current truck has no movement and no squeaks.

Originally i didn't bother my dealer about it cause i had already takin out some of my ocd issues on them. After trying a few other dealers which none were able to help and just told me thats the way they are. I mentioned it to the service director at my dealship. He immediately had the answer to the leather making the crackling noise and told me i was craxy for not telling him sooner.  He applied Kiwi Saddle Soap to both side of the cushions of my seats and I have not heard a sound since.

Blake @ Boyle Buick/GMC Truck located in Abingdon MD

Archived