Delay in announcing 2019 Sierra/what's coming?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 2Speed said:

The more spy shots I see, the more the "carscoops render" looks legit. I'm not crazy about the new look, but I think it'll grow on me. I think I like the headlights on the Sierra more than the Silverado, which has always been the case for me.

Definitely anxious to see the final product and how they differ from their ugly brother. On the 07-13 I preferred the Sierra, on the 14-15s it was a tie. 16-18 I preferred the Silverado but I’m thinking the Sierra might win out again. I can’t imagine they would do a whole separate body profile like they did on the GMT900 but maybe there is enough profit margin to pull it off? On another note, I can’t believe how short the rear window is. Short of running a low profile tool box, you wouldn’t be able to see out at all. 

It seems to be my original post on this thread holds some water.  Same cab, mirrors, but all the rest of the metal different. 

18 hours ago, EChavez said:

The more spy shots I see, the more the "carscoops render" looks legit. I'm not crazy about the new look, but I think it'll grow on me. I think I like the headlights on the Sierra more than the Silverado, which has always been the case for me.

Yea carscoops seems to have hit the nail on the head with their render.  I think they had the K2 Silverado licked pretty well before that debuted as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gunfighter7 said:

If you look closely at the “spy photos” it’s a Silverado , not a Sierra.  Look at the position of the fog lights. 

I disagree. The 2019 Silvy's fog lights are way lower than the spy shot photos of the purported Sierra's fogs. The grill looks very Sierra like too.

The reason I think is a Silverado is that history shows on the 1500 trucks the fog lights on GMC trucks have been horizontal and Silverado’s have been vertical. But you do point out the grill and I agree with you, sure looks like a Denali grill.  I was focused on the lights.

2019-gmc-sierra.jpg

I really want to see the GMC Denali interior.  I purchase a 2017 sierra 1500 base elevation (paint match, BT, bigger screen and backup camera above the base work truck) early last year.  Really liked the value I got but by mid 2019 I will be looking to buy my first GMC Denali with all the bells and whistles.  Hope the interior really is different than what the Chevy will have.

I've been seeing a lot of them driving around in disguise the last couple weeks. I have no intention of buying one, but I'm starting to get anxious to see what GMC's done with it. I really hope the designer didn't turn in their 3 year-olds drawing like everyone else seems to have done.

Archived