Delay in announcing 2019 Sierra/what's coming?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is amazing to me how manufacturers can change pickups year after year with enough design differences to evoke  such strong opinions.  If you put my and any other CC standard box pickups side by side built in the past 15 years (debadged and same color) most of my acquaintances would have a 50% chance of choosing my truck.  I like the improvements/refinements that new trucks bring.   The 2019's look like they'll be no exception!

I really want to see the GMC Denali interior.  I purchase a 2017 sierra 1500 base elevation (paint match, BT, bigger screen and backup camera above the base work truck) early last year.  Really liked the value I got but by mid 2019 I will be looking to buy my first GMC Denali with all the bells and whistles.  Hope the interior really is different than what the Chevy will have.

It would cost GM too much money to make the twins completely different, hence reduced profits. They use the same parts across both lines to reduce costs. The usual exterior tweaks and maybe a little interior trim here and there. Different gauges perhaps. Exactly what differentiates them now. That’ll be it. Same engines, transmissions, frames, etc.. I wouldn’t expect a totally different interior than the Chevrolet. It’s just not in GM’s best interest for $$.

I am praying that the GMC looks better than the Silverado. 

You’ve seen the spy/released photos! I bet that’s exactly what it looks like. A more squinty eyed front end with leds.

BTW.. I’m one that actually likes the 2019 Silverado design.

I bet this is pretty close if not exact.

edf660415e3070645c561561480ced76.jpg

If it does indeed look like that rendering, or at least very similar, I think it will be the best looking truck for 2019. The RAM isn't bad, the Chevys tolerable, and I personally don't think Ford has made a good looking truck since the 08-10 Super Duty. 

If it does indeed look like that rendering, or at least very similar, I think it will be the best looking truck for 2019. The RAM isn't bad, the Chevys tolerable, and I personally don't think Ford has made a good looking truck since the 08-10 Super Duty. 

If you look at the fog lights on covered vehicle spy photo, they look identical to the photo I posted a few posts back.

Headlights look the same too.

That’s why I think that pic is accurate or pretty close to what being released. Plus the official GM sneak peak in post #41 looks just like it too.

It’s sharp looking imo. I like the Chevy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing that throws me off is the grille & bumper. The grille has a design similar to our current Denali yet the bumper is chrome. I took the liberty of editing (poorly I might add) the render and adding in the colormatched bumper portion. What do you guys think?

2qdx0e9.jpg

1 hour ago, EChavez said:

The only thing that throws me off is the grille & bumper. The grille has a design similar to our current Denali yet the bumper is chrome. I took the liberty of editing (poorly I might add) the render and adding in the colormatched bumper portion. What do you guys think?

2qdx0e9.jpg

Looks good, did a way better job than I could ever dream of doing lol. Guess we'll find out for sure in a few days...

On 2018-01-19 at 7:52 AM, Foghorn17 said:

Maybe it's just me and my middle age senility setting in, but I cannot remember the General introducing a new Silverado and Sierra separated by the time frame we are seeing for the new trucks.  Just thinking out loud here.  The media has gone gaga over the new Ram's interior and level of top end luxury.  Could GM possibly be waiting to introduce a vastly different Sierra that ups the ante?  In other words could this finally be the time that badge re-engineering isn't the norm between the Chevy and GMC?  Probably not, but still makes for fun speculation.  Imagine about the time the new Ram is going on sale that GM rolls out a truly professional grade GMC that is a level above the already impressive 19 Silverado and anything else in the market.  Yeah I know I'm crazy.  But it does make me wonder why the delay in seeing the GMC.  Will they be the same truck this time, or does GM have something up its sleeve?  What do you think?

I Hope you are right - the chev interior is bland at best - hope this Gen of GM is entirely different from the chev.

I don’t think that render is close at all. Definitely not exact. We will see in a few days. Hopefully they will release some engine specs. 

Few more days will tell.
I’m thinking it’s close if not dead on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived