Tuned 0-80 video

I had my wife's Yukon tuned last year and never bothered to make a video so I did today, might give those with the L96 6.0 a reference of what a tuned truck runs like.

This is a aggressive tune, all limiters, torque management, shift delay removed.

Vehicle is a Yukon XL 2500 L96 6L90E 3.73 (heavy SUV), same drivetrain as our trucks.

For an agressive tune its shifting too early lol.  That looks like it's shift points are still totally stock.  5800 to 5900 is just above the power peak nose over with the stock cam.  I played with mine to find the sweet spot and it's somewhere around there. 

No lol.  GM rates the things to a max speed of 6000 rpm so anything there or below is safe within factory design limits.  You need more cam to rev beyond that anyhow.   Even a mild cam in these trucks would wake it up immensely.  Its on my to do list after gears.

2 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

For an agressive tune its shifting too early lol.  That looks like it's shift points are still totally stock.  5800 to 5900 is just above the power peak nose over with the stock cam.  I played with mine to find the sweet spot and it's somewhere around there. 

Agreed, I need to get back up to tuner to have shifts at 6,000rpm and lower line pressure in 1-2 shift as it is brutal even at 2/3 throttle.

That's annoying haha.  Lots of guys just love yanking torque management and dumping in line pressure.  Mine is a bit harsh but I like it so it will probably stay.  Wouldn't take much to make it less aggressive.  Any throttle beyond wide open it's just firm and pleasant.

12 hours ago, SMiller said:

I had my wife's Yukon tuned last year and never bothered to make a video so I did today, might give those with the L96 6.0 a reference of what a tuned truck runs like.

This is a aggressive tune, all limiters, torque management, shift delay removed.

Vehicle is a Yukon XL 2500 L96 6L90E 3.73 (heavy SUV), same drivetrain as our trucks.

Who did the tune? And what Fuel is it set to run on? Im all for Torque management removal and limiters turned off. However i know a small amount of timing does help even with regular grade fuel. Also a good tuner should beable to make it shift crisp while not under wot and nice and firm when wot. Thanks for the help. 

34 minutes ago, 2016HD said:

Who did the tune? And what Fuel is it set to run on? Im all for Torque management removal and limiters turned off. However i know a small amount of timing does help even with regular grade fuel. Also a good tuner should beable to make it shift crisp while not under wot and nice and firm when wot. Thanks for the help. 

We added timing only to have to keep pulling it back to almost stock, now the A/F was able to be leaned out but much if any timing at all and instant spark knock.

I had the fan set to come on earlier but no real difference there.

87 octane only, lots of idle time with dog/kids in Florida heat so not the best place to run a lot of timing with high underhood temps.

Tuner had shifts set at 6,000rpm but with mid rpm shifts set hard it would sit on the rev limiter and not shift without lifting so had to back them down, not a perfect tune at all, really need to go back and fine tune it but it is perfect at 1/2 throttle or less which is where it lives.

Yeah unless you mess with the afr you won't get much advance in these on 87... and even then it's questionable.  I run 30 degrees total now.. but use premium fuel of course. Once it's -30 or close to ambient I don't shut it off... just idles for hours.  And idles a lot otherwise anyway.  You have to watch all the adders in these that stack ignition advance over the base timing table.  It runs okay for what it is being as heavy as my truck is with my gear in it.  

Archived