19 Silverado bumper vents

DTB

Does any body else despise the fender/bumper vents on the corners? I did some quick ms paint work and now I like the truck much better. I wish this would of been the production look. 

(Ps I’m no photoshop expert). Maybe someone more experienced could do a better job 

64C58E63-E83D-4C13-A1C2-5C43E86915E2.jpeg

7A2D8E09-8205-47F1-8ED7-A99ED30D50B2.jpeg

9F619A2A-3ADD-4F21-8455-C25AD364CCAA.jpeg

F3E64FF3-5BBC-457A-BAB7-65E911F9A01A.jpeg

I like the "bumper vent" look. FYI, they aren't bumper vents, they're "air curtains". They really make the truck look like  a Spartan helmet, which apparently was part of the inspiration of the design. And since it's supposedly going to deliver the best aerodynamic drag of any half-ton, I'm okay with it. 100 times better than the absolutely terrible "active air dam" that Ram is now using for 2019 or the snow plow Ford has trucked under the front clip of their current truck.

I can’t help but think to the 07-13 trucks in which a bunch of them had the bumper corners damaged from tight turns through drive thru, etc. I’ve even noticed some on the 14+ body. I just invision those “air curtains” are going to be ripped to pieces on some of these. That’s probably why they put that ungodly seam in the middle of the fender so it can be swapped out. Either way, by the time I can afford or stomach to trade in to the new body, I won’t mind chopping a bumper and fender up to do away with those pieces. 

10 hours ago, nowicksl said:

How will salt and mud clean out of Sparty’s earpieces?

White truck looks better. And white hides that puke line on front fender/ door better too.

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

Exactly!   What about when the snow and ice mixed with salt starts to build up in there? Kamikaze bugs, wasp nests, etc.

Can that fender section over the bumper which appears to be a separate piece from the rest of fender take the abuse?

Other than that, I really like this new design. Good looking truck.

22 hours ago, nowicksl said:

White truck looks better. And white hides that puke line on front fender/ door better too.

There are worse place on these trucks for collecting salt and mud. At least these fenders vents aren't wax dipped. Pressure wash without fear.

You're starting to sound like the Ford guys that hate the hood scoop on the L5P trucks.

On 1/21/2018 at 6:45 AM, nowicksl said:

On 1/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, DONWT15 said:

Exactly!   What about when the snow and ice mixed with salt starts to build up in there? Kamikaze bugs, wasp nests, etc.

Can that fender section over the bumper which appears to be a separate piece from the rest of fender take the abuse?

Other than that, I really like this new design. Good looking truck.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:25 AM, HondaHawkGT said:

There are worse place on these trucks for collecting salt and mud. At least these fenders vents aren't wax dipped. Pressure wash without fear.

You're starting to sound like the Ford guys that hate the hood scoop on the L5P trucks.

X2 on all of these ^^^

Did the brain trust test these in the winter? I can see the snow and slush filling up & freezing in there. Hopefully the grille & bumper will be different on the HDs.

BTW, good ideas in the OP.

Archived