So the other day I tried to get to a parking spot and had to go over a snow pile to get to a parking spot and thought I had the ground clearance but the stupid plastic skirt under the front bumper got caught and got pulled off. So now I'm thinking do I replace it, leave it as is, or do an upgrade. I'm not thinking about a full bumper replacement but something like a skid plate or maybe a winch mount? Let me know if you have any ideas and pictures and prices would be great if you have done one yourself. First two pictures are of my truck, next are some ideas I'm thinking of53807328785__E90824A4-0015-4C97-8815-19C7131E4CF1.thumb.jpeg.3017bde3431ca1aa5b7989bc55782f6e.jpeg

That should be covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap! Just how fast were you going into that parking space? Lol

I built this skid plate for mine. 

C91D34E0-D0DF-4FA3-B2EC-E4156B4C6AFE.jpeg

B3AE29F9-521D-4059-8615-EFF88FAFEDA1.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, esloser said:

That should be covered under warranty. emoji16.png

It's not covered under warranty because it wasn't a defect from them. I wish it was. I'm hitting the 36k tomorrow to so that sucks

2 hours ago, HoosierZ said:

Lol I was just going a couple miles an hour in 4wd trying to get around it but slid a little and took the wrong angle over it and it happened. Made it to class on time though! lol I like that look. How much time and cost?

LcHnLK8.jpg

I like how this one looks but I hate that I lose the tow hooks because the one time I need them is after I lose them

It's not covered under warranty because it wasn't a defect from them. I wish it was. I'm hitting the 36k tomorrow to so that sucks

I know - was just messing around. I have a ‘15 and love mine, but that front air damn does get in the way.

11 hours ago, Todd2016LT said:

I like how this one looks but I hate that I lose the tow hooks because the one time I need them is after I lose them

Unfortunately, I think the same way.  The reality is, I've been driving pickups for over 40 years and still waiting for the one time I'll need front tow hooks.  At least mine are chrome and add bling to the appearance! ;-)

On 1/20/2018 at 7:04 PM, HoosierZ said:

I second that, truck looks awesome. 

C91D34E0-D0DF-4FA3-B2EC-E4156B4C6AFE.thumb.jpeg.e44b632ece2304224c7e0ba0fcd31d8c.jpeg
B3AE29F9-521D-4059-8615-EFF88FAFEDA1.thumb.jpeg.ef4fdeb0e08182fb9adacab7d117eec2.jpeg

Nice work on the skid plate.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, Todd2016LT said:

LcHnLK8.jpg

SDHQ Racing makes one with cut outs for the tow hooks.  

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2016silverado1500skidplatesystem.aspx

2016SILVERADOSKIDPLATEPRERUNNER.jpg

I'd have one if we didn't need front plates in VA! 

Edited by aaronarf

On 1/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, Todd2016LT said:

LcHnLK8.jpg

This looks clean!  

^^  Almost too clean.   I would want to protect it from scratches which almost defeats its purpose!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chevy11192
      I drive a 2014 Chevy Silverado with factory 22s and 285/45/r22 tires. I plan on putting a leveling kit on it and getting some bigger tires to beef it up a little bit. Thinking about a 3” leveling kit in the front with 1” blocks in the rear. (Just running a 2” leveling kit in the front would be an option but I’ve heard you can only get 33s under there)

A few questions: does anyone have any experience with a setup like this? What’s the biggest size tires I could get? (I’m assuming I could get 34s without rubbing). And also, what are everyone’s recommendations on tread width? I’m wondering if I should stick with a 285/55/r22 or upgrade to something a little wider?

I appreciate any help!

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      2-15-2018
      General Motors has a very tricky task ahead of it. The company needs to transition from the old Silverado and Sierra generation to the new, while not suffering a dramatic loss in sales. Despite its best efforts, GM is expecting to lose 60,000 truck sales in Q1 and 120,000 in 2018 overall. This production switch will look to many like GM is losing market share due to the new design, and many media outlets will surely report it (incorrectly) as such.

GM's chief financial officer, Chuck Stevens, outlined the plan to Motley Fool, saying: “This is an all-new architecture. Our last three generations of truck were fundamentally of the same architecture with changes in sheet metal. So this is an absolutely all-new architecture, which requires all-new body shops. So when we take downtime at certain facilities, it's because we're either converting or constructing new body shops to facilitate this launch. And we've been opportunistic around doing that around holiday periods so that you can get extra time to make these transitions without a full impact on downtime.”

Despite its best planning, inventory build-up prior to the switchover, and work taking place on holiday weeks, GM still expects to have about one third less production of its Sierra and Silverado in the first quarter of its new truck generation. 

One other interesting fact is that GM’s proud pronouncements that the Ft. Wayne plant will build the new Silverado has a twist; The plant won’t be capable of doing the final finish work on many of the new generation trucks during the transition. That means that many of GM’s trucks will need to be shipped out of the U.S. in an almost complete state, then finished in Oshawa, Ontario Canada. Making even more Silverados imported trucks.  
    • By Tyler_bland38
      I have a 2012 silverado and my check engine light keeps coming off and on. The codes read are
      c0900- device 1 voltage high(history)
      c0899- device 1 voltage low(history)
      p0300- multiple misfire detected (History Mil)
      p0301- cylinder 1 misfire detected (confirmed) 
      there is a slight rough idle on the truck, and I think that my gas mileage has decreased slightly 
      Does anyone have any idea what my problem could be before I take it to a shop, or start replacing parts
    • By Robert Sutton
      Hey all, I am wanting to get my truck out on some trails and set up more for Overlanding. To protect my investment on this truck I am looking to add underbody protection and some side protection. I found a post a little while back with all the GM part numbers for all the skid plates. I can't seem to find that now and was hoping somebody would have a copy.

I am also looking for Rock Sliders. I for the life of me cannot find a company that makes them for my truck. I want wheel to wheel sliders, no need for steps but if the sliders stuck out far enough to be steps then thats a plus. I just don't want anything that will get stuck on a rock or stump because it sticks out. 

I have a 2017 Sierra 1500 Double Cab Regular Box (6'6).

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      2-9-2018

The GMC Sierra is now available with up to $11,000 off the MSRP. GM-Trucks.com members know this happens periodically, and that we have reported on Silverado deals this high in the past as well. However, the deals have been getting steeper over time and both the Sierra and Silverado are about to be all-new trucks. 

The special deals on trucks has caught the attention of U.S. News & World Report Autos which published Best Cars To Buy Now and Best New Car Deals stories each month."Automakers often offer major discounts on bad cars, but it's possible to get a great deal on a top-rated vehicle,”says Jamie Page Deaton, managing editor of U.S. News Best Cars. "You can get a no-interest financing deal on the Chevrolet Volt extended-range EV, cash back deals combined with no-interest financing on the Mazda6 and Lincoln MKX, and a whopping $11,000 off the GMC Sierra pickup – all before you even start negotiating."

Ford and Ram are also offering amazing deals. Rams are available with up to six years of 0% financing or $7,500 cash back and the Folks at Ford are offering $5,300 cash back on the F-150. With the new 2019 trucks just around the corner, what would you guess would be the most money a dealer would take off a new Silverado or Sierra 1500?