MBRP installed on my 2015 6.2L

Finally had warm enough to get outside here in Michigan. I did all the work myself installing the Installer Series. Took about a hour and that was going inside several times since I was cooking dinner at the same time.
Removed factory exhaust in one piece and it wasn't hard at all. Just jacked the back of the truck up about 6".
First impressions are WOW!!
Wow because it's loud compared to what I had in there before. Barks loud enough to startle people at start up. Fairly loud driving around town but sounds mean. Deep tone with a growl.
I only drove it into town and back however it seemed to idle in drive faster than before. Like going through a parking lot I wouldn't have to touch the gas. Seemed a little more responsive at take off but too soon to tell for sure.
The thing that really stands out is when I put the pedal to the metal so to speak. First time was going from a 35 mph to 55 mph zone. Broke the tires loose and had to let off. Did this again with same results. Next time I rolled into the throttle at a green light ( I'm out in the country by the way) when the rpms went up the damn tires ( 275/60/20 Falken WildPeak ATW's) started spinning again. The roads were dry- ish.. damp night air made everything feel.. damp.
When it finally hooked up I could DEFINITELY tell I had a little more power at the top end. Enough that I was concerned the tires would break loose again.
Temp was 36 at the time and it had been 45 today so I know it wasn't slippery from freezing.
Anyway sorry for the long winded post. I'll report back after I check the mileage numbers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Put a few more miles on the MBRP cat- back today. It somewhat annoys me when it the truck shifts under easy acceleration. I have the 8 speed and as much as I've searched I couldn't find anyone with a 6.2 8 speed who's installed anything like this. I think a 6 speed would sound better because it hangs onto gears longer.
It has a weird sound flare when it shifts.. Maybe a custom tune will fix it by giving a quicker shift.
On the plus side the wife says she likes it and it sounds good!
It does sound good for sure especially when you get on it.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, michigan2500hd said:

I think it was SL5086AL. 3.5" all the way.

What are you gonna do with the stock exhaust?   I'd be interested in it.  Let me know please.  I sent you a pm also.  Thanks.  

Archived