left rear door actuator problem

HI All:

I replaced the actuator on my 2005 silverado crew cab (drivers side rear door) and all went well but when I tried the lock/ unlock procedure I ran into a problem. When I hit the unlock button or key fob all do except the drivers side rear door that I replaced the actuator, that door actually locks! When I hit the lock button 3 doors locks except the drivers side rear, that one unlocks! Don't know whether I hooked something up wrong.. Also when the 3 doors are lock and I open the drivers side rear door the alarm comes on. I would take any advice I could get on this and thanks. 

UPDATE:  I checked again and the 2 wire clips only go on one way so its not crossed up.  It was an after market actuator that I bought and the model # is APDTY  86017276.  

Thanks for you help:

I went through the same thing. I used a Dorman actuator. When I replaced it with an original equipment actuator it worked probably. If you didn’t replace it with an OE actuator, you be encountering the same thing I went through.

15 hours ago, rjgti said:

pop the pins out of the connecter and reverse them on the actuater side

that or if you don't have the tools to back out the pins, just cut and swap the wires then  reconnect, solder if you can.

Archived