Paint protection film (xpel / suntek) worth the cost?

I've got about 1000 miles on my 2017 now, and I'm wondering if anyone who has had any type of ppf installed found it worthwhile or not. I got quotes from all the places around me and cheapest for a front end coverage package is about $800. I've already got a few chips in the front bumper which is painted on the Z71 package so I'm leaning toward doing it, but looking for opinjons. 99b7da081237f3d907d846733ce4f1ed.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lots of threads here asking the same question. I don't recall in any of them anyone saying they wish they had not done it. They might say they wish they had done it sooner. I'm in that camp. Had a few chips I had to touch up before wrapping, so you can see them through the ppf in the right light. Would do it again in a heartbeat. My instakler was $650 for the front in May 2016. They are now at $800. Inflation I guess.

8 hours ago, rastasquid said:

I've got about 1000 miles on my 2017 now, and I'm wondering if anyone who has had any type of ppf installed found it worthwhile or not. I got quotes from all the places around me and cheapest for a front end coverage package is about $800. I've already got a few chips in the front bumper which is painted on the Z71 package so I'm leaning toward doing it, but looking for opinjons.

Very nice looking truck!  You have a rugged, off-road look happening and  why are a few bumper chips a concern?  There are many more fun places to put your modification dollars, imo.  A few normal wear and tear paint chips make little difference on a clean truck at trade-in time.  

9 hours ago, rastasquid said:

I've got about 1000 miles on my 2017 now, and I'm wondering if anyone who has had any type of ppf installed found it worthwhile or not. I got quotes from all the places around me and cheapest for a front end coverage package is about $800. I've already got a few chips in the front bumper which is painted on the Z71 package so I'm leaning toward doing it, but looking for opinjons. 

Absolutely worth it. I paid around $750 for the x-pel ultimate. I did it 2 days after I bought the truck. With chips already appearing on your bumper, you already answered your own question. Do it. And do it ASAP!! $800 is a small price to pay to protect a $40/50k investment. "A few bumper chips" should cause a concern.   

Edited by Loco-diablo

I saw on youtube channel people paying 7k for sedans. Yeah, Im suprise on the price  to put something like a sticker on... Too late, I paid for it already. Not much price point I can compare since most dont list price and also most dont respond back with a quote.

Edited by Magnate

As far as pricing, if anyone was interested in the info, I got quotes from 4 shops, 2 did xpel or suntek, and 2 xpel only. Prices ranged from $800-1200 to cover bumper, lights, grill, and the front portions of the hood/fenders.

I had mine done before I took possession from the dealer. Cost was around that $800 mark. Mine is a '15 GMC All Terrain in blue and it has the fully painted front end.I do not have 1 rock chip in it! I recently saw it's twin at a local dealer so I stopped in to check it out, the front bumper had several bad chips in it, and the front end/hood had a few. SO I'm very happy with the $800 I spent to have mine still look new! Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned!!

I think this boils down to not just cost but your willingness to actually do repair work to damaged panels and how you view the quality of repaired panels. Also your willingness to use 'other' technologies in partnership with your maintenance program. 

Hoods and painted bumpers, leading edges of front fender areas take the most abuse. Three panels and a bumper repaired for road rash might cost about $1500-$2000. That's my experience anyway. Rocker panels and trailing edges of wheel openings even when protected by 'mud flaps' likely second. Because of this cost almost no one is willing to repair them in a timely manor as a corrosion preventive measure and less likely as a cosmetic function. Yet if that damage can be mitigated by a like or lower cost in film protections???? Perhaps more likely????

Films will also provide protection against scratching. Especially at the hands of ham handed car washing. Can be 'healed' with a heat gun or commercial hand held hair drier. Can be replaced if and when needed to sound panels.

A scratch in the side of my box was estimated to cost over $1,200 to repair as the entire panel of a 2K system isn't blend-able like lacquers were. All moldings removed and often destroyed in the process need to be replaced. That can add another $500. 

I had an estimate done for an entire repaint in like color and finish type to a higher standard. $7,000. Factory like $5000. I chip repair panels nearly every month.

I wish I would have had more than the hood and fender leaders done. Just say'n. Seems worth it me. 

Here is the progress so far. They are taking it apart as they go, the bed is coming off for the area in between.
imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpg.c68d0b3c27066ac729fc3513dac51c08.jpg
imagejpeg_1.thumb.jpg.03c9b3f3110247148eb600a0e5c91626.jpg
imagejpeg_2.thumb.jpg.93c784f16e9a99a71b91247ac44876d9.jpg

Midnight edition going matte black????

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk