Recall for the 2014 Silverado A.C. compressor

I brought my truck in last month because my a.c. wasn't blowing cold. They said the compressor was leaking. My service advisor said that in January, GM was issuing a recall for it. So either I could wait or I could go ahead and pay for the repair and GM would reimburse me once the recall was issued. Anyone aware of this and if so, any idea when the recall will be issued?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

System crashed but I'm pretty sure there is no "recall" on the compressor.  I think there is a special policy on the condenser, which is basically GM putting a big extended warranty on that part, but I can't be 100% as I can't look it up right now. 

EDIT: I am retarded.  SUV only for the special coverage. 

I looked again now, still no coverage on anything else. 

3 hours ago, newdude said:

System crashed but I'm pretty sure there is no "recall" on the compressor.  I think there is a special policy on the condenser, which is basically GM putting a big extended warranty on that part, but I can't be 100% as I can't look it up right now. 

EDIT: Covers 2015-2017 Only.  Its a special coverage not a recall.  Also verified no recall on compressor. 

It also only applies to the full-size SUV's (the release you posted specifically says it only applies to the vehicles listed and Silverado/Sierra are not there).

Archived