I'm baaaaack!

brainpause

Well I'm happy to be Silverado owner... Again! I used to live in Franklin just south of Nashville, Tennessee but now I live in Nashville and work in downtown Nashville.

I sold my 2006 Silverado 3 or 4 years ago because of divorce. I've been driving a 2014 Chevy Sonic after I totaled my Toyota Avalon.

I've been looking for a 3/4 ton Silverado or Sierra with the 8.1 engine. But I went to look at one that had a 6.0 in it and it was in reasonably good condition. I lifted the front end the day I looked at it and everything seem tight. The frame has very little rust.

Now for the bad. It might have a rear main seal leak but I haven't diagnosed it for sure. It also needs a fuel pump. It has stumbled a little bit and doesn't like to start when it's hot soaked. So I borrowed a fuel pressure gauge from O'Reilly today and tested that about 48 PSI at idle.

Good news is that I am confident in doing a lot of repairs including the fuel pump even though I've not ever done this particular model. I figure if I can replace a transfer case, I can do a fuel pump.

Of course the rear main is a whole different deal. I'll just have to watch my oil usage carefully for now.

Anyway, you can't get the grin off my face when I'm driving the truck!

Larry

Archived