GM Bad Customer Service - Is this common?

I just purchased a 2018 Chevy Silverado and wanted to get an aftermarket exhaust.  I went to the dealership and bought the GM branded Borla dual exhaust.  I came to find out that one of the sides of the exhaust sits lower than the other.  I called Borla who quickly said it was because GM switched the hanger style at some point and I needed a different rubber isolator.  They told me the dealer would have these and to reach out to them.  I called the dealer and they did not know anything about this and told me to call GM customer service.  I called GM customer service and they told me they relied on the dealer and to contact the dealer.  I informed them that they needed to call the dealer as I was not going to get bounced back and forth between the two.  So the lady on the phone called a few dealerships.  She came back and informed me  that the dealerships had different options but I needed to call them to discuss the different sizes and options.  I called a different dealership in my area and they stated that they had 2 different sizes of isolators and that they were around $30 a piece.  I had them send me pictures of them and one was exactly what I had on there at the moment and the other was not correct either.  I called GM again and they again said there is nothing they can do but offered me a $100 credit for service.  I do not know what I would use the credit for service for on a brand new truck.  An oil change maybe but that's $50 and the rest will go to waste.  I called Borla back and they immediately shipped the correct isolator out to me and fixed the problem.  I want to say the exhaust sounds great and just want to compliment Borla on their customer service that they gave.  However on the other hand I am very upset with GM and there lack of any resolution for the issue.  Is this common with GM?

I’m thinking the exhaust supplier would have been my first, then third, fourth shots.   Dealer gets shot #2 but that’s about it.

I don’t see GM Customer Service in the mix - which it turns out, they weren’t.   

And Borla handled it.   You good.  And got to vent.  Bonus!

No this isn't normal. I'm in Sebring Florida and picked up my 18 Highcountry 6.2L 2 days be for Christmas  and my Borla exhaust didn't get to the dealer until after the first of the year. They installed it and had no problem. 

Your right it does sound great, I love it.  I've read where some people complain of chopping or helicopter sound when it goes into 4 cylinder mode, I've had no such problem at any speed. I'm keeping the exhaust flapper in tact and the AFM. I traded a13 crew cab 6.2 with around 120,000 on it with out 1 days problem,  great trucks, this will be my 4th from the same dealer.

23 minutes ago, Boardmember said:

I’m thinking the exhaust supplier would have been my first, then third, fourth shots.   Dealer gets shot #2 but that’s about it.

Yeah I see that but GM needs to take ownership as they put their name on it. I can’t be the only one finding this issue out.  And again I can’t give enough thanks to Borla for their awesome sounding exhaust and their great service.

44 minutes ago, Boardmember said:

This. The Borla exhaust is from Borla. They just add a flapper and stamp GM on it and sell it at the dealership. I would have just contacted Borla and only dealt with them to fix it. 

1 hour ago, 14Rufus said:

Glad you were able to solve your problem. Did the new isolator raise or lower the exhaust? I have the side exit Borla and the outlets sit lower than I like.

It’s raised the exhaust.

Let me see if I got this strait. GM sold you a perfect truck with no issues. You modded it with after market parts that did not fit right and you are blaming GM and are upset GM did not provide new OEM parts to make your aftermarket parts fit better. Is this what melted your snowflake with GM?

Yeah customer service is terrible. I've been hung up on twice within first 15 seconds of conversation. And they leave voicemails with no direct extension so you need to open a new ticket Everytime cause they close yours after they call you. It's a joke.

Yeah customer service is terrible. I've been hung up on twice within first 15 seconds of conversation. And they leave voicemails with no direct extension so you need to open a new ticket Everytime cause they close yours after they call you. It's a joke.

Try to call GM TechSupp - that will make you chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived