Post Pics of your 2014+ with full size and low profile tool boxes

I can't decided if I want to buy a low profile or standard "full size" toolbox. I am looking at buying the weather guard  defender series. I want the space a full size gives me, but I don't want to eat up too much of my back window. I have a 2016 and think that the beefier full size will help balance out the beefy front end. Thanks!

Here's my 14 with a full-size aluminum Ultima. Want to say it was just over $200 from the local farm supply store. Doesn't effect visibility out the back window too bad. Material is a little thin for my liking, but it seems to be holding up well; I've got it filled to the brim and it takes some bumps loading/unloading the bed. Also have my 4' CB antennas mounted on either side of it. Sorry for the weird camera angle, couldn't get any other good picture with the sun. 

IMG_20180128_133231720_HDR~2.jpg

I guess it is all according to what you want. I ended up with a foldacover G4 (four section ) bed cover that has a front section that folds open independently. I dropped a small toolbox tray in under that front fold back section for the essential stuff that i use every day. All the occasional "nonessential" stuff just goes in and out of the covered bed as needed. I guess some people need a full size tool box stuffed full, in my experience it does me no good cuz it is so full that i cannot find chit when I need it LOl.IMG_3438.JPG.59ae0c0e1f6dd764f944e8edcd4bc07a.JPGIMG_3468.JPG.9dbfde2e2d3ef4fcb8ee1ac9cb71bb85.JPG

30 minutes ago, MixerDriver said:

Here's my 14 with a full-size aluminum Ultima. Want to say it was just over $200 from the local farm supply store. Doesn't effect visibility out the back window too bad. Material is a little thin for my liking, but it seems to be holding up well; I've got it filled to the brim and it takes some bumps loading/unloading the bed. Also have my 4' CB antennas mounted on either side of it. Sorry for the weird camera angle, couldn't get any other good picture with the sun. 

IMG_20180128_133231720_HDR~2.jpg

looks really good!

23 minutes ago, HvyChevy said:

a99f617fba5a43abddd9edaf4dfecc72.jpg

Low profile UWS ignore the busted bumper I got last week emoji19.png I Love this tool box and can’t see it from inside the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good! I don't mind seeing it from my rear view just don't want to to take up too much room. I was thinking of getting this exact box, but black. I am going to go with the weather guard though because I want the push button. 

20 minutes ago, Dnt said:

I guess it is all according to what you want. I ended up with a foldacover G4 (four section ) bed cover that has a front section that folds open independently. I dropped a small toolbox tray in under that front fold back section for the essential stuff that i use every day. All the occasional "nonessential" stuff just goes in and out of the covered bed as needed. I guess some people need a full size tool box stuffed full, in my experience it does me no good cuz it is so full that i cannot find chit when I need it LOl.IMG_3438.JPG.59ae0c0e1f6dd764f944e8edcd4bc07a.JPGIMG_3468.JPG.9dbfde2e2d3ef4fcb8ee1ac9cb71bb85.JPG

I run a small GC company and am in school. So I spend a lot of my time unloading and loading tools between days with class and days with work. I need the exposed bed for hauling material and bigger tools, so a total bed enclosure is not something I can do. Thanks for the input! Your truck looks nice! I want to run all my tools in cloth bags and segmented into trades. One general, a electricians bag, plumbing, and my tool belt with everyday go to stuff. Cloth bags are a lot lighter and don't take up too much space in the box. 

3 hours ago, Donstar said:

Whenever this topic appears I put a plug in for your local aluminum  fabricators.  You may be surprised by the design, quality and price of a box built by a local shop.   

thats a great idea. thanks 

Archived