Vinyl wrapped door pillars

Im wanting to wrap my pillars gloss black on my 17 Sierra and was wondering if anyone has any tips or could explain the process of wrapping them. I know I can do it and that it should be hard just curious if any of the window trim has to come off or anything like that. Ill attach a picture too if someone could edit it to kind of give me an idea of what it will look like. Its not the best pic because of it being taken while it was snowing but its all I have on my computer.

image1.jpeg

There's plenty of posts on this already.

this guy I follow on instagram (1sik_z) had the b pillars only done, then added the c pillar. I'm considering the b pillars

there are 100 YouTube videos on this as well.

IMG_1620.PNG

IMG_1621.PNG

IMG_1622.PNG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tanner709 said:

this guy I follow on instagram (1sik_z) had the b pillars only done, then added the c pillar. I'm considering the b pillars

IMG_1620.PNG

IMG_1621.PNG

IMG_1622.PNG

Could you help me find some of the these videos. All the ones I’ve found are not a truck like mine 

• Like 1

Could you help me find some of the these videos. All the ones I’ve found are not a truck like mine 
From what I can tell on the videos they're all pretty basic. If you watch a few videos on it then you can pretty much do any pillars. I would watch the videos with the heat gun though. I seen one where a kid did one without heat and I don't think it'll last. And spend a few extra bucks and buy some quality vinyl like 3M or something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IMG_1620.PNG.d531288111959a4dc17bda383e208889.PNG
IMG_1621.PNG.00bfc779f45836196611df4b7ec0717b.PNG
IMG_1622.PNG.f64f7b4185548a686e08b8f0d38573f8.PNG

What brand tires are u running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Well after waiting nearly 3 weeks for my vinyl to arrive from metro restyling it came in yesterday so I gave it a try. I found people to do it but decided I wanted to try it myself and if it didn’t work out I could take it to someone. Didn’t turn out to bad for my first time just don’t have the best weather to take good pics of it. Gloss black shines good until its compared to tinted windows. I’m happy with it so far especially since I can take it off if I decide too. 

D82C6EC6-147F-4078-ABC2-551F0357E477.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimson6.2L said:

Well after waiting nearly 3 weeks for my vinyl to arrive from metro restyling it came in yesterday so I gave it a try. I found people to do it but decided I wanted to try it myself and if it didn’t work out I could take it to someone. Didn’t turn out to bad for my first time just don’t have the best weather to take good pics of it. Gloss black shines good until its compared to tinted windows. I’m happy with it so far especially since I can take it off if I decide too. 

D82C6EC6-147F-4078-ABC2-551F0357E477.jpeg

Looks good man, I cant tell the difference in pictures of the gloss - something I didn't consider. Would you recommend gloss or matte finish for them?

Also, what front level do you have in? Your front end looks higher than the rear.

23 minutes ago, tanner709 said:

Looks good man, I cant tell the difference in pictures of the gloss - something I didn't consider. Would you recommend gloss or matte finish for them?

Also, what front level do you have in? Your front end looks higher than the rear.

I wanted gloss because I thought it would flow better but it’s whatever you would like best. It’s the rough country 2 inch with the factory blocks out of the rear. It’s not much higher at all. Some pictures it looks lower and some higher. 

5 minutes ago, Crimson6.2L said:

I wanted gloss because I thought it would flow better but it’s whatever you would like best. It’s the rough country 2 inch with the factory blocks out of the rear. It’s not much higher at all. Some pictures it looks lower and some higher. 

you mean the factory blocks are still installed?

I'm going to get a price on wrapping my front bowtie, front chrome bezel, roof and b-pillars, with 3m vinyl - I'll let you know how it goes.

1 hour ago, tanner709 said:

you mean the factory blocks are still installed?

I'm going to get a price on wrapping my front bowtie, front chrome bezel, roof and b-pillars, with 3m vinyl - I'll let you know how it goes.

No I removed them. Had to adjust my headlights too I got flashed constantly. Cops flashed me just as much as everyone else. I used some pre cut carbon fiber 3m I got from someone on Etsy for my front emblem and that made it really easy. Should look good I’ve thought about doing my roof also. 

C62DEE4D-E4B3-4424-A110-C37D10948F16.jpeg

Edited by Crimson6.2L

5 hours ago, Crimson6.2L said:

No I removed them. Had to adjust my headlights too I got flashed constantly. Cops flashed me just as much as everyone else. I used some pre cut carbon fiber 3m I got from someone on Etsy for my front emblem and that made it really easy. Should look good I’ve thought about doing my roof also. 

C62DEE4D-E4B3-4424-A110-C37D10948F16.jpeg

I still don't understand, you have NO rear block in? Or you have the RC block?

If it's the first, no block; The RC level would make it level with the factory block, you basically lifted the front and lowered the rear.

I still get flashed with my lights set at an extremely low angle, mediocre coverage but still get flashed. Doesn't take long for them to turn off when I Hit them with the light bar lol

11 hours ago, Michael Schimborski said:

Would love to see pics from the back of your tinted tails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom one is with it remote started so brake lights are even brighter. Reverse lights really aren’t the brightest anymore even with leds. I’ve seen some brighter leds I may try because backing up at night is not the most fun thing to do 

FE930090-48BB-4341-BC4C-7A7723A0E89D.jpeg

D79455AA-1D9E-49E4-AACF-F569620771A2.jpeg

Edited by Crimson6.2L
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, tanner709 said:

I still don't understand, you have NO rear block in? Or you have the RC block?

If it's the first, no block; The RC level would make it level with the factory block, you basically lifted the front and lowered the rear.

I still get flashed with my lights set at an extremely low angle, mediocre coverage but still get flashed. Doesn't take long for them to turn off when I Hit them with the light bar lol

No block at all. The front set about an inch lower after leveling it so I pulled the block to lower the rear. Here is a pic from about a week ago. It’s not as nose high as it looks or you might think

192C54B3-D887-49CC-B92A-68BE4813648C.jpeg