How do you like the eAssist?

I'm looking into a GMC Sierra CCSB with the 5.3 and 8 speed transmission with eAssist. How are people liking them? I drive a couple miles to work and back. Anyone having any trouble with them? I really dislike the 19s and want something before that's all there is. 

I had one for one day and returned it it’s not for me. You can’t feel it shut off but there is a thump when it starts back up. Idk I didn’t like it plus your sitting next to a 24 cell lithium ion battery pack in the jump seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously considered the hybrid 5.3 in 2009.  It was the cost of battery replacement and the amount of space they took up that made me decide on the traditional setup.  It is unfortunate that the 19's don't appeal to you because I am guessing that DFM will have a similar impact on MPG.  

12 hours ago, austingta said:

eAssist was California only, and 2wd only at that. Has that changed?

Yes - that was 2016 I believe.

They make a 4WD/LTZ model now and my E-Assist was bought in Texas.  2017 model.

Honestly it's great.  If you're not going to tune, I'd say go E-Assist.  The auto-stop feature is easily manageable.

I will tell you that if you're looking @ adding Katzkin to an E-assist, the middle jump seat is actually longer than other models.  So you'll have to fab up a piece for the middle seat.  No lock box under the console either since the lithium battery is there.  Also the intake is different - so CAI and intake tubes will not fit/work without DIY modification...or moving the coolant to a different location.  All electronics are covered under 100k warranty.  Lithium battery & electric motor as well.

15 hours ago, VinnyZ17 said:

I'm looking into a GMC Sierra CCSB with the 5.3 and 8 speed transmission with eAssist. How are people liking them? I drive a couple miles to work and back. Anyone having any trouble with them? I really dislike the 19s and want something before that's all there is. 

Got mine for $30k.  LT Crew Cab.  Steal of a deal.  Comes with a GM tri-fold bed cover too.

I've converted it into a LTZ for ~ $ 1500 (LED LTZ Headlights paint matched, grille paint matched, LED LTZ tail lights, Dl3 mirrors with auto-fold button, Katzkin leather interior).

• Like 1

Laura Buick GMC has some starting asound 41k and they are loaded. Dang near a Denali with the amount of extras in it without paying the full price. If all the battery stuff is covered under the warranty it may be well worth the price. I only put 1k a month on my truck now so it would last until I'm ready to trade it in.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:15 AM, Jaychevy81 said:

I had one for one day and returned it it’s not for me. You can’t feel it shut off but there is a thump when it starts back up. Idk I didn’t like it plus your sitting next to a 24 cell lithium ion battery pack in the jump seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talk about frying your kids.. ..all sitting next to that battery.... no thanks~

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a 2018 Silverado and they first tried to get me in the Eassist due to all the discounts $44K truck down to $34 after everything, but after driving it and noticing the auto stop and start and then the rear end option only being a 3.08 and 8 speed...I passed on it and went with the regular LT with the 3.42 and 6 speed, will be better for towing my travel trailer and it seemed to have better get up and go vrs the Eassist felt sluggish. I dont think ill miss the extra 2MPG. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just sold my 2003 Silverado and bought a 2018 5.3L w/ eassist. Loving it so far. Did a bunch of research before buying so I knew what to expect. I give it a sec after letting off the brake before I ease into the gas pedal....I notice no clunking/thumping or hesitation. For those that may expect to just tromp on it once you see green you might have different results. Am enjoying an improvement in mileage and the hill assist is kinda slick. If and when I do tow a trailer I am sure the easssit motor will help when towing. The battery is kept below the jump seat and hence the locking compartment isn’t an option....but he underseat storage in he crew cab is sure nice. I had read somewhere that the lithium batt was stored under the back seat.....not true....the underseat storage unit fits nicely. 

Be advised.....WeatherTech floor mats will not fit. I think they didn’t measure for an eassist model as the main problems are the location of the batt under the console.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Have a 2018 4x4 Silverado with eassist truck that I love but... when I apply light breaking pressure   the whole truck can start to shake(normally backing, 4x4 not engaged, under 3 mph, and not always). Brought it in for service/inspection and was told this was normal??

Other- get about 19-23 mpg, much better than my 2012 silverados 14mpg.