LEDs that fit behind the dust cap?

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, WC_LTZ said:

Yea I searched this forum and have since tried two different LED bulbs on my 15 LTZ, Cougar “something” and OPT7’s. Neither fit with the dust cap. For now, scrapping the LED’s unless something else arises.

18 hours ago, MegaCode360 said:

It's tough on the 14-15 Chevy's.  The dust caps suck, and not just because I can't get LEDs to fit haha.  They are a pain in the ass to put back on, and the way they are tucked halfway behind those vertical support beams on each side makes changing even a hallogen bulb a pain in the ass.  Really poor design.

18 hours ago, WC_LTZ said:

Yea I’m done with it at this point. Not cutting the cap up. I’ll use the $100 towards exhaust and figure it out later. The stock projectors aren’t that bad at this point. 

http://www.vleds.com/shop-products/led-headlights/micro.html

24 minutes ago, WC_LTZ said:

I appreciate that link. Pricy but if they fit, ok. Have you used them? Do they work with the DRL’s on a ‘15? (States not designed for DRL’s operating below 8V, not sure what ours are)

I have them in my Colorado and I love them.  I can't comment on the DRL as I never have mine on to begin with.  They did (or still do) have a Silverado specific application with the DRL/CANBUS modules as a set. 

Check these out. Have a great rating. Fit behind the cap and don’t need to cut the cap either. 

https://www.lasfit.com/products/2x-lasfit-h11-h9-h8-led-headlight-bulb-kit-low-beam-fog-light-72w-6000k-7600lm

Those Lasfit lights will not fit if you have projector lights. I couldn’t get the caps back in on my 2015 Silverado. The body is just too long on the lights. I ended up putting them in my wife’s Tahoe. Fit perfect and was actually pretty impressed with the light out put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, langston1726 said:

Those Lasfit lights will not fit if you have projector lights. I couldn’t get the caps back in on my 2015 Silverado. The body is just too long on the lights. I ended up putting them in my wife’s Tahoe. Fit perfect and was actually pretty impressed with the light out put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Even though I’m trying just a cheap LED this week. I thought these might be a good alternative to try in my Anzo headlights but that sucks if they are not meant for a projector headlight. 

If you have projectors your socket protrudes back further than if you have reflectors which means less room to fit the dust cap back on.

Yea this is what I’m running into.

Anyone know if I toss an HID kit in if it’ll work with the DRL’s? I don’t necessarily need to go LED....

Archived