2019 Silverado Focus - Thumbs Up Or Down On These New Features?

Gorehamj

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tie downs I'm good with. I could take or leave the power tailgate. It's just a gimmick. Apprehensive on the nanny stuff cause Toyota just rolled this out on the Taco and Tundra along with a warning that the truck cannot be lifted without potentially causing a malfunction with their safety sensors. Absolutely not behind the stop/start junk. 

Start/stop junk is very annoying! I test drove a car with it... Umm no... Besides I'd like to see in the real world how much you actually save... Besides I want to hear my exhaust at the stop light :thumbs:

8 hours ago, GPGuy said:

Start/stop junk is very annoying! I test drove a car with it... Umm no... Besides I'd like to see in the real world how much you actually save... Besides I want to hear my exhaust at the stop light :thumbs:

I can’t see it being much. The only reason they do it or the active grill shutters is it gives them a credit in their CAFE numbers. Same as they did with E85 compatibility till like 2012. 

14 hours ago, MikeNH said:

I can’t see it being much. The only reason they do it or the active grill shutters is it gives them a credit in their CAFE numbers. Same as they did with E85 compatibility till like 2012. 

Agreed. To me it's one of those "feel good" things for the environmentalists. Kinda the same way some people think that they're going to save to world by not using plastic bags etc. 

Heck...I'd be happy with rear ac vents....all of this new stuff is interesting, but I think GM has to go back to the basics as well...

You did see they have rear vents again right?

Ryan B.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived