under seat sub box - factory Bose system - 2018 LTZ

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Excellent! We must have been reading the same posts then because I have elevator bolts on my hardware list. Lol.

If I decide to make/sell this interface harness, I’m thinking it would be something like $50 for it. It would plug in inline and have inputs and outputs (to cover all 4 doors’ speakers). Basically plug it in, and splice your speaker output signal to the LOC. The input from the amps would back to the radio and splice into the speaker outputs in my harness. That’s the plan anyway. I’m no audio guru but from my research and help from others, I think I have a pretty good handle on this install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! ya, should really be hard to make. you'd just need the connectors and pins essentially to make it. then you wouldn't have to cute the factory harness. although its in a really easy location to do so and there is surprisingly enough cable unlike other vehicles i've worked on for car audio.

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

I am still torn on mounting the (2) JL Audio Amps on the space provided by the stealth box or to the back wall.

I guess it depends if you ever want to take the subs out for some reason really. Then all you need to do is disconnect the speaker cable going to them and you're set if they're on the back wall. If the amps are on the box and you need to take them out for something, then you'll have Power, Ground, RCA, Remote and speaker cables to disconnect. 

I personally also like having it all hidden. That way if someone decides to try and steal it.....Good luck haha. And its always fun to have someone look inside to see the stereo cause they like the sound and they can't find it :)

I went with a JL Audio 500 HD mounted at an angle under the back seat on some black plexiglass on the driver side with the Audio Control LS2i in front of it. It takes up no normal usage space on the driver side under seat area but is the amp is accessible when seat is lifted for adjustments. Sub is a JL Audio 13tw5 in a box I had made by subthump.com to fit the passenger side...added a bass control knob on the driver side of the console that is hidden but easily accessible...left the Bose system in place and have been extremely happy with results. Tied into the original Bose sub for signal as the crossover point was found to be a nice range for the JL sub. Also had to cut the crankshaft replicating sensor to get rid of Bose noise cancelling issues. Been this way for about 1 plus years now and is as solid as ever. Good luck on maximizing your systems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, pgamboa said:

I’ll be installing the JL Audio Stealthbox with the Dual 10s. HD750/1 amp and an HD600/4 for the door speakers. LC7i for the LOC.

I am planning on building an inline harness that will intercept the factory radio plug and will feed the speakers from the radio.

I’ve got everything needed for this install, but have not time. LOL. Hoping I can get started next week.

If you sell your vss dibs....lol

EDIT: Totally Serious BTW. Unless of course you figure out a clean way to use the JL audio and 3rd party amp.

Edited by zikronix
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

I went with a JL Audio 500 HD mounted at an angle under the back seat on some black plexiglass on the driver side with the Audio Control LS2i in front of it. It takes up no normal usage space on the driver side under seat area but is the amp is accessible when seat is lifted for adjustments. Sub is a JL Audio 13tw5 in a box I had made by subthump.com to fit the passenger side...added a bass control knob on the driver side of the console that is hidden but easily accessible...left the Bose system in place and have been extremely happy with results. Tied into the original Bose sub for signal as the crossover point was found to be a nice range for the JL sub. Also had to cut the crankshaft replicating sensor to get rid of Bose noise cancelling issues. Been this way for about 1 plus years now and is as solid as ever. Good luck on maximizing your systems.

Any way you could get a pic of the mounted amp an LS2?

If you sell your vss dibs....lol

EDIT: Totally Serious BTW. Unless of course you figure out a clean way to use the JL audio and 3rd party amp.

I did sell the VSS to a Local member. I’ll be installing in his truck, along with a center console upgrade, updated Car Play HMI, Display, and DL3 Mirror Upgrade.

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

I did sell the VSS to a Local member. I’ll be installing in his truck, along with a center console upgrade, updated Car Play HMI, Display, and DL3 Mirror Upgrade.

lame lol .well i like the jl solution better so ill wait to see what you come up with

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

What's this about the noise canceling issues? First I've heard of it. I plan on doing the same as you this spring. Thanks

Edited by illMATTic

What's this about the noise canceling issues? First I've heard of it. I plan on doing the same as you this spring. Thanks
On the 6.2L engine the Bose system adds noise cancelling...It is not part of the Bose system with the 5.3L engines that I am aware of unless added in 2018. You have to cut it out or your added sub will get out of phase and create strange sound.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...