Looks tough. Thanks man. Before I order the kit it asks me what the Stock Control Arms is made of ?Cast Aluminum, Cast Steel or Stamped Steel. I am having trouble finding the specs on my stock control arm, and can't really eyeball it.

I have the same kit on my 2018 Z71.  It rides great. You can eliminate one of the choices of control arms with a magnet, it won't stick to the aluminum.  Last I looked RC had a little diagram with the shapes of the different control arms.  Mine has stamped steel.  Most I've seen have stamped steel.  I've only seen one Silverado with aluminum control arms.  I have 275/60 20s Hankook Dynapro's on stock wheels.

Mine are stamped steel as well. Just like Silver Sled said, go to the RC website and before you order it it gives you pictures of what the control arms look like. I found it easier to see on the passenger said with the wheel cranked. Once you find the diagram you can easily tell which is which.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those getting the leveling kits with stamped steel control arms, are you also replacing the stamped steel control arms?  I've got a 2018 Z71 with stock 285/45/R22s (that I plan on keeping) and want to get the 2" leveling kit, but am trying to determine if I also need to replace the stamped steel control arms...as I've read that the stamped steel UCAs could pop the ball joints with a level and should be replaced, but it appears many do not do that.  Just trying to gauge if the size of the leveling is what really is the determining factor there? 

Also is an offset wheel spacer needed for the 285/45/R22s with the 2" level?

21 hours ago, TRG said:

For those getting the leveling kits with stamped steel control arms, are you also replacing the stamped steel control arms?  I've got a 2018 Z71 with stock 285/45/R22s (that I plan on keeping) and want to get the 2" leveling kit, but am trying to determine if I also need to replace the stamped steel control arms...as I've read that the stamped steel UCAs could pop the ball joints with a level and should be replaced, but it appears many do not do that.  Just trying to gauge if the size of the leveling is what really is the determining factor there? 

Also is an offset wheel spacer needed for the 285/45/R22s with the 2" level?

I also responded to your other post...but as far as tire size...use this guide:

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

your diameter will be .5" smaller than my set up  285/65R18...my set up is pretty common on this board...

(I did not buy additional control arms...I use my 4wd sparingly...during the winter and hunting season...the rest of the time, i'm almost always on pavement)

Archived