2019 Sales Guesses?

mookdoc6

Many people thought and or believe that Ram Trucks are on the heels of Silverado and could catch or outsell Chevy in 2019.  What is your guess for the 2019 model years even with the change over and Silverado's coming in late 2019.....Will RAM overtake the Silverado in any month? How about the year end units moved? 

January is out and Chevy takes round 1!

Well no doubt Ram has stepped up interior for 19 and appear to be very aggressive price wise . That said they have a image of past reliability. GM has a whole new truck coming with a familiar but better appointed interior than present . They both are sticking with their present engines it seems, but many speculate GM might add a few more ponies to them. I can not imagine of seeing the day Ram would outsell GM. But on the other hand never thought the big General would sit idle by and watch Ram and Ford offer some nice sporty combinations. Ford 5.0 395 h.p and Ram hemi 390h.p available in ALL models. Hell GM don't even offer a ''sport mode'' button. Remember the youth holds the future and many like sporty and fun driving vehicles . Maybe that new Trail Boss is a start for GM

Ram would have to sell about 17% more just to catch Silverado. I don't see it changing that much.

And once you add in the GMC's, General Motors is still way ahead of Ram by an 8-5 margin. I predict pretty much the same for 2019.

The '19 Ram will be the first to market of the two, so much so that their build and price is up and running, but no pricing yet.  There may be a jump in Ram numbers initially, but GM launches Silverado Q3 so it will be interesting to see where the sales numbers fall. 

Seems as though I read 40% of the new market sales are high end models optioned heavily and some are saying they expect that high end purchase to rise to 60% sales . Ram would have to make quantum leap to surpass GM tho they are kicking the snot out of Tundra. GMC may go after the high end like never before and leave Chevy to shoulder the rest of the market. It may just be me but the 2019 Ram front seems strikingly close to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Since both FCA and GM launched a new design for 2019 that sort of levels the playing field, but, GM also has a new platform and some new suspension features that should result in better handling. The buyer that does his research compared to the buyer who just looks at the sheet metal and interior design probably will favor GM. I have heard that GM might be more expensive than the RAM, north of thirty thousand for a base model, I have also heard that trucks are not selling as well as GM has hoped for and incentives are cutting into the profits. I can buy a new 2018 at 20.5% off MSRP, wait till fall and they might have to give the 2018's some additional incentives because of the 2019 re-design.

Ram is smart to get their truck to market first. That will give them momentum no doubt. Ram and Jeep are the only things keeping FCA afloat, and the profits on full size trucks is off the charts, so this is critical for them. They won't overtake GM, but I could see them gaining some market share this year. 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:57 AM, showtz said:

... I can buy a new 2018 at 20.5% off MSRP, wait till fall and they might have to give the 2018's some additional incentives because of the 2019 re-design.

??  Dealers in my area are offering over 25%, almost 30% in some cases off the MSRP.  Course I live the "big 3" states for trucks.

I'm trying to figure out how some of the trucks online are priced much lower than anything I can get locally, so much so that is would be worth the price of a flight and do a road trip back home, I'm talking about a 5 thousand dollar difference. My local dealers will not match the price and have claimed that these trucks are loaners or demos, the on-line dealers have told me that is not so, dealers are not in business to lose money so I wonder what is really going on !

On 2/1/2018 at 10:01 AM, mookdoc6 said:

Many people thought and or believe that Ram Trucks are on the heels of Silverado and could catch or outsell Chevy in 2019.  What is your guess for the 2019 model years even with the change over and Silverado's coming in late 2019.....Will RAM overtake the Silverado in any month? How about the year end units moved? 

January is out and Chevy takes round 1!

I just cant see how RAM could sell a single truck after testing driving some HD's this weekend. My father law and I test drove a 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ, 2018 F250 Platinum, 2018 RAM 2500HD Limited and last but not least a 2018 Sierra 2500HD Denali. After driving all of these vehicles I have no idea why anyone would choose a RAM over Ford or GM. The Ford and GM trucks blew away the RAM in every single category. The RAM truck felt like it was about 10 years behind. The interior looked and felt cheap, was unconformable and worst of all the Cummins engine felt gutless compared the 6.7 Powerstroke and 6.6 Duramax. Keep in mind that all these trucks were listed between $68-76k. 

1 hour ago, showtz said:

I'm trying to figure out how some of the trucks online are priced much lower than anything I can get locally, so much so that is would be worth the price of a flight and do a road trip back home, I'm talking about a 5 thousand dollar difference. My local dealers will not match the price and have claimed that these trucks are loaners or demos, the on-line dealers have told me that is not so, dealers are not in business to lose money so I wonder what is really going on !

You have to remember that incentives are regional and it also depends on the dealers selling strategy. You generally have two types of dealers, volume and non-volume. I personally hate non-volume dealers as they tend to never wheel and deal. A great example of this is my current 2017 VW Passat, the local dealer was only offering $1k off $28k MSRP. I found a dealer in Missouri who sold VW in volume and ended up buying my car for $22k OTD. All these dealers will tell you how they are losing thousands of dollars and they just cant sell a car for that price and so on. But at the end of the month if they hit there sales goals and sell in volume a six figure "loss" turns into a nice six figure profit. 

On 2/28/2018 at 7:42 AM, Materialman said:

Ram is smart to get their truck to market first. That will give them momentum no doubt. Ram and Jeep are the only things keeping FCA afloat, and the profits on full size trucks is off the charts, so this is critical for them. They won't overtake GM, but I could see them gaining some market share this year. 

And the Charger, and the Challenger. 

On 2/1/2018 at 11:57 AM, pickmeup said:

Well no doubt Ram has stepped up interior for 19 and appear to be very aggressive price wise . That said they have a image of past reliability. GM has a whole new truck coming with a familiar but better appointed interior than present . They both are sticking with their present engines it seems, but many speculate GM might add a few more ponies to them. I can not imagine of seeing the day Ram would outsell GM. But on the other hand never thought the big General would sit idle by and watch Ram and Ford offer some nice sporty combinations. Ford 5.0 395 h.p and Ram hemi 390h.p available in ALL models. Hell GM don't even offer a ''sport mode'' button. Remember the youth holds the future and many like sporty and fun driving vehicles . Maybe that new Trail Boss is a start for GM

Pulled this off the GM Canada site on the 2019 Sierra page;

Sierra’s powerful engine lineup is led by the available new advanced 6.2L V8 with the new 10-speed automatic transmission and the new 5.3L V8 with an 8-speed automatic transmission. With the 10-speed, more gears mean more ratios to keep the 6.2L in its sweet spot for maximum torque. It provides hauling, trailering and efficiency benefits.

I wonder what that really means......?

I have the 6 speed.  I had one of the troubled 8 speeds.   I hope the drive line engineers have figured it all out with the 10 speed because I remember making the comment that the 10 speed just provides two more options for crappy shifts....

the 10-speed, more gears mean more ratios to keep the 6.2L in its sweet spot for maximum torque.

I wonder what that really means......?

Means marketing horse dung. Look at that torque curve. 426df58f245743e392ca93e00b15feea.jpg

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

Archived