ModifyStreet Tow Mirrors Installed

Ordered some ModifyStreet tow mirrors a few weeks ago and had some time this last weekend to install.  Overall I will say I am very happy with the mirrors so far. I've had them on for about a week.  Still getting used to the mirrors but couldn't be happier.

I previously has DL8 mirrors on my truck.  I did not install the RZY harness, I tapped into a circuit in the door for my clearance lights.  The turn signal and reverse LEDs on both mirrors do not currently function. That's a lot of work and frankly, its just too cold outside for me to want dive into that.

Compared to stock mirrors these tow mirrors stick out an extra 2" on each side so not a real deal breaker there. 

Here's a link to the mirrors on Amazon, shipping was incredibly fast: https://www.amazon.com/ModifyStreet-Clearance-Silverado-Avalanche-Suburban/dp/B01N3XP0J5

Enjoy!

d3e665c31864105fbf890100ec7eea96.jpg60dd716fb720cb02966fa514070793d4.jpgef9008db343beae4eb9b5a50fd1d86d0.jpg1c57acb8786ee5b15cef668baaebceb1.jpg842c2e3ca06b4da7927ab9b03b0b8b3e.jpg

Check your door jamb. You might have pin 41 for the turn Signal :). It has been present in almost every truck I’ve come across. If you want to get back in and add the turn signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video and I appreciate the tape measure reference.  Tow mirrors look like they stick out further than 2 inches.  I only wish they made this style with the exact features of the DL8.   It would bother me having lights that don't work.  I need to wait until I can afford this new style of tow mirrors and a set of Phil's wiring harnesses!

There are SO many mirrors out there in the aftermarket space.  Did these mirrors say Modify Street on the box themselves?  Wondering if these are the same and that many of these sellers are sourcing from the same place.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182844712929?ul_noapp=true

There are SO many mirrors out there in the aftermarket space.  Did these mirrors say Modify Street on the box themselves?  Wondering if these are the same and that many of these sellers are sourcing from the same place.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182844712929?ul_noapp=true

I’m almost positive they are all getting them from the same place. Box was generic. I’ll grab the model number when I get home and post.

My kids destroyed the box with hockey sticks.

Great video and I appreciate the tape measure reference.  Tow mirrors look like they stick out further than 2 inches.  I only wish they made this style with the exact features of the DL8.   It would bother me having lights that don't work.  I need to wait until I can afford this new style of tow mirrors and a set of Phil's wiring harnesses!

I’m with you on a “DL8” tow mirror, would be nice.

By any chance, did you test each of the light circuits on the mirror to see if they are all separate circuits?  I've seen many mirrors where they tie turn signal and running lamp circuits together...Since these have an arrow in the glass, I'll presume they are separate and like Factory.

By any chance, did you test each of the light circuits on the mirror to see if they are all separate circuits?  I've seen many mirrors where they tie turn signal and running lamp circuits together...Since these have an arrow in the glass, I'll presume they are separate and like Factory.

Tested with a power supply, they are all separate.

Here’s the diagram they gave me for the wiring.

fae3320b2295fa97cff58eb6eb344c89.jpg

Looks good.  Talk about first world problems, but I wouldn't be able to live without my power folding mirrors, though.  

My wife said the same thing when I was telling her the lights don’t work! She said she feels so bad for me (eyes rolling).

Archived