2006 Silverado 2WD Leveled Tire Size Issue

Guys, I'm new here and I'm sorry if there's already a similar thread about this issue. I chose to eliminate my new truck fever by sprucing up my truck that has been paid off for 5 years now. My truck is 2WD and leveled. I went from the stock 17" wheels with 275/70/17 tires to the XD Buck 25 20" x 10" rims with a -25 offset. The new tire size is 275/55/20. I got it back from the tire shop and it was rubbing everywhere and shaking while I was breaking. The shaking came from the clips or "keepers" on the rear wheel studs that keeps the drum in place in the factory (got that part resolved after it was found on this forum! So, thanks guys!). After much trimming, the tire shop says I need a 3" suspension lift to have more room and eliminate all rubbing. Am I missing something? It's been four days in a row that I've been to the tire shop and it seems that nothing is getting resolved other than the shaking due to the clips. Is there a certain style trim that I can perform? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! 

14 hours ago, dben18 said:

Guys, I'm new here and I'm sorry if there's already a similar thread about this issue. I chose to eliminate my new truck fever by sprucing up my truck that has been paid off for 5 years now. My truck is 2WD and leveled. I went from the stock 17" wheels with 275/70/17 tires to the XD Buck 25 20" x 10" rims with a -25 offset. The new tire size is 275/55/20. I got it back from the tire shop and it was rubbing everywhere and shaking while I was breaking. The shaking came from the clips or "keepers" on the rear wheel studs that keeps the drum in place in the factory (got that part resolved after it was found on this forum! So, thanks guys!). After much trimming, the tire shop says I need a 3" suspension lift to have more room and eliminate all rubbing. Am I missing something? It's been four days in a row that I've been to the tire shop and it seems that nothing is getting resolved other than the shaking due to the clips. Is there a certain style trim that I can perform? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! 

According to google when comparing the tire size you actually went down on tire diameter by .8%. Ive got a 2010 with a 2 or 2.5" (i didn't install it so I don't know) level in the front with 275/70/18s and they didn't rub at all with factory wheels. I bought aftermarket wheels and it still didn't rub, they are +25 offset though

Archived