Vibration feeling, sound and bouncy RPMs

I am having an issue that I believe is unrelated to the "Chevy shake" I have put in tons of time researching and trying to find what the problem is and have failed to find it. First off I am 25 years old I just bought my first vehicle which is a 2014 Silverado 1500. I was not aware of, nor did I feel the vibration when I had test driven the truck. Within a few days of owning and driving it I started feeling a vibration on acceleration. It seems to happen at any speed, sometimes it will happen sometimes it will not. The feeling seems to be coming from the rear end and lasts anywhere from 1-7 seconds each time. It also comes with a grinding sound. I purchased a Diablo Sport AFM disabler and it did nothing. I am clueless on what it could be and would rather take some advice here before bringing it to the dealership and paying them to check it out. I would probably get my money back if I could but like a retard I decided to purchase it without a warranty thinking that it's a 2014 truck what's the worst that could happen within a 5 year loan, big mistake. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  

-Jim

Sorry but it's probably the reason the truck was traded in the first place.  If it's a fast vibration that comes and goes, start with easy stuff....the driveshaft(s), universal joints,  etc.  If there really is a bad grinding sound, there may be bearing issue in the transfer case (if 4x4) or the rear differential. 

32 minutes ago, Sir Dan said:

Sorry but it's probably the reason the truck was traded in the first place.  If it's a fast vibration that comes and goes, start with easy stuff....the driveshaft(s), universal joints,  etc.  If there really is a bad grinding sound, there may be bearing issue in the transfer case (if 4x4) or the rear differential. 

Thanks for the reply! I have a 5 year loan and owe 22k. Fell in love with the options that LTZ comes with. If this needs some serious work I have literally screwed myself. I guess I don't really have a choice but to have it looked at. Unfortunately I know nothing about those things.

37 minutes ago, Sir Dan said:

Also, it is 4x4 and it feels exactly like I'm driving over rumble strip. It also seems to be coming from the rear. I don't feel it in the steering wheel. Just through the seat and the gas pedal feels like it has a hard time accelerating through the vibration. Hopefully that helps a bit more.

How long have you owned the truck? If it hasn't been very long I would talk to the dealer your purchased the truck from and inform them there is a drivability issue with the truck that was not present during the test drive. Inform them that you are very dissatisfied with your purchase and would like to know what your options are. Dealers don't want to lose potential future customers. Someone who is 25 years old is apt to buy a number of vehicles in the future. The dealership may not work on the truck for free but they may offer a better trade in deal, or discounted labor rates for diagnosing the problem. It never hurts to see what a dealer is willing to do, if you don't like their offer you can always refuse and seek alternatives, such as finding a competent shop to work on the truck and fix the driveline vibration.

11 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

How long have you owned the truck? If it hasn't been very long I would talk to the dealer your purchased the truck from and inform them there is a drivability issue with the truck that was not present during the test drive. Inform them that you are very dissatisfied with your purchase and would like to know what your options are. Dealers don't want to lose potential future customers. Someone who is 25 years old is apt to buy a number of vehicles in the future. The dealership may not work on the truck for free but they may offer a better trade in deal, or discounted labor rates for diagnosing the problem. It never hurts to see what a dealer is willing to do, if you don't like their offer you can always refuse and seek alternatives, such as finding a competent shop to work on the truck and fix the driveline vibration.

Thats what I would do, the dealer will charge way more than a competent shop to do the same thing.  Unless they are willing to take a large chunk of the bill off, dont let them work on it.  Take it to your local mechanic.

21 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

Well said. I guess it couldn't hurt to contact them. Thanks guys. I will update once I get a definite on what it is.

Archived