Hey all, just wanted to make a post to thank Pgamboa for all of his help with my projects...

It started simply as "hey, an auto dimming mirror would be cool" Then I found a thread about the amazing work being done out of Texas... Did some more reading, found there was a plug and play way to get my full center console upgrade and  a DIY kit for DL3 mirrors..............Hhhmmmmm.........

Found some mirrors on Ebay, and ordered all of the console parts I needed, with lots of messages and assistance from Phil.

Harnesses showed up with easy to read instructions that couldn't be any better. Get them, follow them, pay attention, and you'll be fine.

I now have an auto dimming mirror, DL3 mirrors with full function (folding, auto dim, puddle lamps, and signals), and a full center console, again with full functionality, including wireless charging for my Samsung Note 5.

I now have all of the options I wanted in my LT2, but without having to buy an LTZ with a bunch of other crap I didn't want (example - driver warning system, the most annoying / irritating option ever produced).

So if any of you are considering making some of these mods, do yourself a favour and message Phil, you won't regret it.

Happy moding people :thumbs:

• Like 5

Thanks guys! This forum does take up a lot of my time and I do take pride in what I put there for everyone. Sometimes, I may miss a message, or two, three...

I get flooded with numerous texts, PMs, emails, Youtube comments, FB comments, FB PMs... that I have to rely on system notifications or other members who can point the newbies to the various threads I put out there.

Thanks[mention=185272]Marcs[/mention] for having done your homework, knowing what want to achieve and understating all that there was to achieving your upgrades.

It really helps when some discovery and research is done.

Thanks[mention=130449]GTPprix[/mention] for all you do! Without you, most of what I have done wouldn’t have been possible!

I do appreciate everyone’s support on these mods.

[emoji848][emoji848]what’s next? Mod on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

LTZ tail lights and head lights sounds like it’s next from Phil.

You must have not seen my videos? LOL. Did both many months ago ;)

I’ve got DIY Kill Switch in the works, a killer audio system upgrade (dreading the 2AWG wire pull), front camera install to compliment the front park assist, door lock knob retrofit, Dual footwell lighting system (using ambient OEM lighting and OEM overhead lighting). Ambient on all the time at night (like the light in the inside front door handle), and the brighter footwell identical to the interior white LEDs :)

• Like 3

Slightly off topic but in my opinion, over the last 5-7 years, forums (like Gm-trucks.com and F150forum.com to name my favorites...) have become some of the most important tools for modern vehicle ownership.  I can only imagine how much money I've saved in diagnostic and repair fees by searching around on here for solutions.  

In fact, last night I was buying a GM OEM remote start and saw that the technician was on GM-trucks.com confirming the need for the hood switch.  

Back on topic, pgamboa is our forum rockstar and for this we all thank you sir!  You are the reason many of us spend so much time buried in the interwebs of this forum. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 10:02 AM, pgamboa said:

I’ve got DIY Kill Switch in the works, a killer audio system upgrade (dreading the 2AWG wire pull), front camera install to compliment the front park assist, door lock knob retrofit, Dual footwell lighting system (using ambient OEM lighting and OEM overhead lighting). Ambient on all the time at night (like the light in the inside front door handle), and the brighter footwell identical to the interior white LEDs :)

Can't wait for that. 

On 2/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, pgamboa said:

Can you elaborate? I'm VERY interested in a internal/external light kill switch. I'd love to be able to have my truck on, in gear with 0 lighting except for a set of IR floods. (Note: not for on road driving obviously)

Wondering what you meant by DIY kill switch.

4 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

Can you elaborate? I'm VERY interested in a internal/external light kill switch. I'd love to be able to have my truck on, in gear with 0 lighting except for a set of IR floods. (Note: not for on road driving obviously)

Wondering what you meant by DIY kill switch.

I'm guessing a switch to make the vehicle inoperable for security purposes.  

Edited by bndawgs
  • Like 1