Paint Color

2017Z

Does anyone know or can confirm paint codes if Chevy Deep Ocean Blu and GM Sacre Blue Metallic are the same paint color?

i have a 17 Deep Ocean Silverago and need to get a bumper due to a hit and run.  Found a "take off" in stellar condition but its a 15 Sierra Sacre Blue Metallic.  They look identical from pics and would think the Sierra is same as Silverado..

thx

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=GM&year=2015&con=my&model=Sierra&rows=50

Says there is no Sierra Sacre Blue Metallic... there is a Stone Blue which is the same color code for Silverado  Ocean Blue.

But do your own research...

12 minutes ago, 2017Z said:

interesting I found the color on GM's parts website and oddly they dont list Deep Ocean for any silverado color.

http://www.genuinegmparts.com/collision-auto-body-parts/auto-paint-touch-up/Sacr'e_Blue_Metallic-19331176

Why do you think yours is Deep Ocean - is there some color code you're referencing or was it listed as such on the Monroney sticker?  G1K is the color code for Deep Ocean Blue on 2017 Silverado and G1K is the color code for Stone Blue on 2015 Sierra.

Yes. My window sticker says deep ocean blue and sure paid the extra money for it :-)

So so this is interesting. I called my dealers parts and he looked up vin and said it does pull up as Sacre Blue as the “ official internal GM name” but deep ocean is the marketing name for the color for my truck. 

Think I'm confident the bumper is same color unless anyone else has some info past what Chevy just told me. 

thx.  anyone know if a sierra bumper is the same as silverado?  i would think yes but others here may know different.

Rear bumpers should be the same as long as it's a 14+ bumpers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thank you. It is rear. 

I confirmed thst Sacre Blue is deep ocean, GMs internal name apparently. This was per the parts Dept and my touch up paint code matched Sacre Blue. also looked at the back of mine on the truck and sure enough there is a label with part code and right under it says Sacre Blue. Mystery solved. 

On 2/2/2018 at 9:06 PM, 2017Z said:

Thank you. It is rear. 

I confirmed thst Sacre Blue is deep ocean, GMs internal name apparently. This was per the parts Dept and my touch up paint code matched Sacre Blue. also looked at the back of mine on the truck and sure enough there is a label with part code and right under it says Sacre Blue. Mystery solved. 

I work at a PPG automotive paint store and we deal with this all the time. Color names are so subjective and misleading thus why we put emphasis on getting the proper paint code, not name. WA409Y is your paint code and it's located in the glove box. Just as you discovered though, it's all the same color, Sacre Blue. Yet when it's on a Sierra it becomes Stone Blue, a Silverado it becomes Deep Ocean Blue, etc. At the end of the day they are all OEM code WA409Y.

GM order guide calls WA-409Y the 'Touch-up paint number"

They call G1K the 'Colour code'.  G1K  rpo code will be on the glove box sticker.

Chev G1K is called Deep Ocean Blue Metallic

GMC G1K is called Stone Blue Metallic

I owned both  2015 and 2016 sierra's that were G1K, so it was the blue used both years. 

Sometimes GM makes slight changes to a colour year to year and issues a new code.

G1K is still being used by both divisions for 2018.

WA409Y and G1K are both acceptable in the paint world and will get you the proper color. They are also both found on the sticker in the glove box. The WA number can be marked in several variances such as 409Y, u409Y, L409Y (U-meaning upper body color, L-lower body color)

Archived