"Chevy Clunk"

What's up guys? I have a question about the Chevy Clunk. This evening driving home I let off the throttle and heard a slight "clunk" from what sounded like the rear end. Tested a few more times and it seems to do it in higher gears only. My 06 Silverado that I beat the hell out of never did it so I guess I'm ignorant to the fact. Searching online I see a lot of causes but no real fix. I've seen anywhere from normal coming from GM to warranty work needed. Some say it's yoke slip and others say to tighten the U bolts. Any insight will help, thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

My 15 LTZ did this and now my 17 Allterrain is doing it too. Its pretty damn annoying when slowing down it'll clunk and I can feel it. The other day when I was accelerating from a stop it reeved up for a split second before I heard/felt the clunk and it kinda "kicked" into gear and began moving. Not sure what that one was about but when my 15 was in the shop they couldn't replicate the issue so they replaced some rubber stops on the leaf springs. No real fix from what I've seen.

Starting to regret ever getting into these trucks.

Archived