Replacing splash guards

I have a Silverado and have the molded splash guards.  My right side front guard cracked when I ran over something on the road at night.  It needs to be replaced.  I know I'll have to buy the pair.  My question is about removal and reinstalling the new one.  I'm not worried about the screws in the front wheel well because they just screw into the rivnuts, but what about the self tapping screw that goes into the underside of the fender?  Will I be able to get that guy to bite when I go to reinstall it?  Anyone replace mud guards and have any issues reinstalling the self tapping screws?

Thanks !!

Haha who who knows.  I know the directions call for applying super lube to the holes and screws but who knows the long term effectiveness of that.  

14 hours ago, Ed36rgz71 said:

Yes itll go back in no problem happened to me and had no problem you should be good

Was there any rust, Ed?  Also how'd you get the sticky part off the side of the fender?  A little heat?

50 minutes ago, MegaCode360 said:

Haha who who knows.  I know the directions call for applying super lube to the holes and screws but who knows the long term effectiveness of that.  

Was there any rust, Ed?  Also how'd you get the sticky part off the side of the fender?  A little heat?

No rust mine has 18k and I've had it for 8months I'm in Denver and hasn't been much snow here, but fender part grabbed heat gun and done

Archived