2017 tahoe review

Hello everyone,

I bought the wife a new (leftover) 2017 Tahoe LT back in mid December. Its fairly loaded, 5.3 with 3.08's. We got a good discount over 10k off sticker and a great trade in on her 2013 Equinox with 90k miles.

I had been researching Tahoe's and Yukon's for the past 6 months, so i was aware of some of the issues this platform has experienced. Well, I am happy to report that this Tahoe has been absolutely flawless! No shakes, no thumping, nothing but smooth and quiet. The wife has adjusted to the larger size and has put almost 1800 miles on it.

Pros: Great paint, fit and finish very good. Sound system very good. Good power and pick up even with the 3.08's.

Cons: Headlights are quite dim, especially low beams. Fuel mileage a bit exaggerated,  only averaging 16 mpg with a fair amount of highway driving. Don't think the advertised 21mpg highway mpg could ever be achieved.

All in all we are extremely happy with this and hope to get many trouble free miles out of it.

Flattop

2017tahoe.jpg

Congrats!

We bought our 17 in March. 14k on ours now. I also have not experienced any issues and my wife loves hers.

I agree with you on the headlights. They suck. Also hate how the Intellibeam decides to flash oncomers when it cant quite see them. Makes me feel like an @$$. Also when the Lane Keep Assist jerks me around because I forgot to signal when changing lanes. Pretty small complaints, and I can turn them off if I want.

Your mileage may still improve. We get around 17 in town, also with 3.08. Easily get over 21 on the highway at 55-60 mph. A four lane at 70+ will take it down to 20-21 mpg. Only use 87 octane Top Tier gas.

Enjoy the ride!

10 minutes ago, martha3065 said:

Congrats!

We bought our 17 in March. 14k on ours now. I also have not experienced any issues and my wife loves hers.

I agree with you on the headlights. They suck. Also hate how the Intellibeam decides to flash oncomers when it cant quite see them. Makes me feel like an @$$. Also when the Lane Keep Assist jerks me around because I forgot to signal when changing lanes. Pretty small complaints, and I can turn them off if I want.

Your mileage may still improve. We get around 17 in town, also with 3.08. Easily get over 21 on the highway at 55-60 mph. A four lane at 70+ will take it down to 20-21 mpg. Only use 87 octane Top Tier gas.

Enjoy the ride!

Thanks! Hopefully after some break in miles and summer blend fuel we can get those numbers or close.

We got a 2017 Tahoe Premier in Feb 2017. Got nearly $10k off sticker, also. We haven't had any issues whatsoever with it. It's close to 15k miles to date and the wife really enjoys it. I can't comment on the headlights, as we have the HIDs and they have been great. I still don't quite know the reasoning the trucks don't have near the equipment options and features the Tahoes and Suburbans do. I suppose it could be the wiring, etc as some say, but things like push button start, auto high beam, heated rear seats should be able to be added without much change. Honestly, the trucks 1500 and 2500 should have the interiors (options)of the SUVs without question.

I bought an '18 Yukon SLT. Absolutely love the vehicle.  City driving, we are getting around 16-17 mpg.  Highway, 70 mph, 21 mpg.

Headlights are terrible.  BUT..... I recently replaced them with 6000k LED low and high beams.  GREAT improvement!  The low beams are slightly brighter than OEM halogens, and much better color, but the hi-beams are light aircraft landing lights!  

Traded in a '15 Acadia.  Best move ever.   :thumbs:

PS... LED's are not recommended for low-beam reflector housings.  Hi-beam reflectors are fine, because they won't be on with on-coming traffic.  They work great in low-beam projectors.

2018 yukon.jpg

Archived