Cold air intake filtration ?

Hey guys I bought a 2012 6.0 and it has a air raid cold air intake with a dry filter. It does sound good but I am worried it does not filter as good as a stock system does? Any reliability issues with them? Should I just put the stock back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Summit15101 said:

Hey guys I bought a 2012 6.0 and it has a air raid cold air intake with a dry filter. It does sound good but I am worried it does not filter as good as a stock system does? Any reliability issues with them? Should I just put the stock back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the stock intake is good for over 500 HP and the stock intake is a cold air intake because it pulls air out of the fender well. my 2010 on a 55 degree day reads air intake temp of 60 so not a big difference

On 2/7/2018 at 7:52 AM, bgbdwlf2500 said:

the stock intake is good for over 500 HP and the stock intake is a cold air intake because it pulls air out of the fender well. my 2010 on a 55 degree day reads air intake temp of 60 so not a big difference

Exactly right. The stock intake is a cold air intake. Not a lot of people know that.

Here is a way to get more free airflow and better filtration out of the stock unit.

Archived