Battery drain

Hello everyone. 

I dont know much much about trucks. Especially electrical stuff and wiring. Recently, I’ve discovered that while my truck is completely off, my heated seats, automatic lights, and my AC motor all can still turn on without the key being in the ignition. Please help. If you have any info, please explain it like you’re talkign to a five year old. For that’s the easiest way for me to grasp what you’re saying. Thanks. 

P.s.-2001, Silverado, 5.3 vortec. 

Power to user devices remain on for 10 minutes and then shut off. 10 min cut off was added to that generation (or before) to cut down on battery drain problems.

Pull key, sit in car with dome light on. When light turns off, see if your symptoms remain.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, sefiroxx said:

Power to user devices remain on for 10 minutes and then shut off. 10 min cut off was added to that generation (or before) to cut down on battery drain problems.

Pull key, sit in car with dome light on. When light turns off, see if your symptoms remain.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

^^ X2 with the exception that opening the drivers door will kill the timer and radio etc turns off.

Since you mention that the heated seats etc says on, I would venture to say that you turned the key off, but have not yet opened the door, correct?

On 2/7/2018 at 7:57 PM, muddkatt said:

^^ X2 with the exception that opening the drivers door will kill the timer and radio etc turns off.

Since you mention that the heated seats etc says on, I would venture to say that you turned the key off, but have not yet opened the door, correct?

I turn the key off, open the doors. What I’m saying is that’s even when I open the doors, and everything is suppose to shut off, that my ac motor can still turn on, as well as my heated seats. And my automatic lights won’t shut off either. 

On 2/11/2018 at 10:15 AM, Notatruckexpert12 said:

I turn the key off, open the doors. What I’m saying is that’s even when I open the doors, and everything is suppose to shut off, that my ac motor can still turn on, as well as my heated seats. And my automatic lights won’t shut off either. 

Sounds like you go a bad drivers door latch. When you open the door does it come up and say that the drivers door is open on the dash?

Archived