Well, I did it. I defected....

fpdsniper

I traded off my 2015 Sierra for a 2016 Ram Rebel.  Overall, the Sierra was a very nice truck with the exception of:

*Rough shifting 6 speed transmission 

*Absolutely horrendous headlights that they refused to take care of. 

The combination of the Hemi 5.7L with the 8 speed automatic is absolute magic!   On top of it, the ride is very smooth with the air suspension.   Not putting down my Sierra, but as far as driving satisfaction goes, the Ram is the winner.  Hope everyone has good luck with their trucks, and I enjoyed my time here on this forum.  

• Like 5

I traded off my 2015 Sierra for a 2016 Ram Rebel.  Overall, the Sierra was a very nice truck with the exception of:

*Rough shifting 6 speed transmission 

*Absolutely horrendous headlights that they refused to take care of. 

The combination of the Hemi 5.7L with the 8 speed automatic is absolute magic!   On top of it, the ride is very smooth with the air suspension.   Not putting down my Sierra, but as far as driving satisfaction goes, the Ram is the winner.  Hope everyone has good luck with their trucks, and I enjoyed my time here on this forum.  

I bet . Did you ever tune your gmc ?
I have a 17 5.3 6 speed Ltz tuned with bolt ons and it’s smooth and quick tuning for e85 soon .

Now for that rebel congrats !
How’s that shifter I felt out of place with that thing it’ll take sometime to get used to for me if I ever switched sides . How’s your mpg I was always curious about those 5.7 hemis ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, 1badslv said:

I bet . Did you ever tune your gmc ?
I have a 17 5.3 6 speed Ltz tuned with bolt ons and it’s smooth and quick tuning for e85 soon .

Now for that rebel congrats !
How’s that shifter I felt out of place with that thing it’ll take sometime to get used to for me if I ever switched sides . How’s your mpg I was always curious about those 5.7 hemis ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I tuned it with a DiabloSport I2, which is now for sale!!  The shifting improved, but not nearly as good as this Ram shifts.  Not enough time in the seat yet to offer an opinion on gas mileage.  It's really hard to keep your foot out of it when it pulls so hard and smooth!  Ha!

• Like 1

I drove the ram k1500.. 4 door, 5.7 and 8 speed.

I loved it.

Even the big wheels tny sidewalls.. it drove better than my dads 2016 andmy old 96.

I was impressed. the auto was the first thing to notice, way different than gm.

I even played with manual mode, hammered down. 80 came up fast.. deep induction noise.

Nice truck.

I seem to be wandering around too.. I have been my own mechanic with gm stuff since the 80s.

19 minutes ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

Good truck to switch into.   In the few Rams I had the chance to drive,  the drivetrain is way smoother than my truck. 

Yeah, I made the "mistake" of taking this truck for a test drive while I was getting an oil change.  Couldn't stop thinking about it after that!

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

So....why  you on a GM site? 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:16 PM, 1badslv said:

Shots fired

Nah, more like jealousy. I wanted one. Just couldn't fine the deal I was willing to do. That and the concern over boxes rusting out before the first years payments. 

I suspect the "correlation" between a RAM truck and a GM forum is op's efforts to provide support for those GM owners who may be unhappy with their truck. It is obvious to most that when one switches brands of any product there are reasons. I am interested in learning about the differences in features (like RAM's manual transmission)  but have no interest in reading GM bashing on a GM forum.  I own a '15 Sierra SLE similar to what op owned and am exceptionally happy. 

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

I suspect the "correlation" between a RAM truck and a GM forum is op's efforts to provide support for those GM owners who may be unhappy with their truck. It is obvious to most that when one switches brands of any product there are reasons. I am interested in learning about the differences in features (like RAM's manual transmission)  but have no interest in reading GM bashing on a GM forum.  I own a '15 Sierra SLE similar to what op owned and am exceptionally happy

Me 2.