2 Question before I order my 6.5" lift!

Hey guys. So I had couple questions for you all before ordering my lift hoping you could help out. Going with a 6.5 inch lift. Right now I'm leaning towards the Zone 6.5" with the fox shocks, and the rear add-a-leaf to make it stand totally level. OR the superlift 6.5. I'm going with TIS 544BM wheels. 20x12 -44 offset. Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 tires. 35x12.5x20.

Questions are...

Main question... I really want 37" tires. I see many guys running it but no one wants to help out on questions. All I see is people saying I'll also need a body lift of at least 1.5" plus trimming. This true or could it fit with a 37 with minor trimming? I've heard both ways. Keep in mine my lift should pop wheel out around 1 to 1.5 inch as well as a -44 offset. What's your take on this..

Also gunna add a crazy pic I found of a guy running 37's with I believe...no lift with crazy trim?

Also

zone or superlift? & worth total of $1400 for it all or save up for another like bds basic line.

Thanks in advance!!

7ab1d633f87a30d0e698e66ea6f05188.jpg97e36d7ac2f8e81cdc4b5cb3b1e0bee0.jpg552313f048bee34fdff55389a292a2e1.jpgb336e7818e2a6e0a1698ae6cdca56547.jpg0e7cdf82d98182fbdd81eef584dcc948.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I would recommend the zone lift, they are a sub brand of BDS and I am very pleased with the quality of my BDS lift. As far as tires goes, you are going to need a lot of trimming to fit 37s. I am running a 6" lift with 35's and I had to trim the plastic piece behind the driver's tire and the front valence. With 37's and -44 offset your tires will definitely be hitting the bumper when you turn. I'm not sure how close your clearance will be at the cab.

Is definitely go Zone or BDS and with just a 6” kit you’re definitely NOT going to be fitting 37s. You’d need a 7-9” kit like FTS or Mcgaughys

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

I have a zone 6.5 with Bilstein adjustable front set at 1.25, giving my lift 7.75 lift. Had to add small trimming to the front bumper plastic trim. I added the add leaf spring kit. With that being said, I wanted to put 37” on, my rims are 20x9 with Bora 1.75 in the rear and couldn’t get it to fit. I would have to put a body lift on it at least 1.5 to clear. I love my set and currently running 35 MT toyo. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a zone 6.5 with Bilstein adjustable front set at 1.25, giving my lift 7.75 lift. Had to add small trimming to the front bumper plastic trim. I added the add leaf spring kit. With that being said, I wanted to put 37” on, my rims are 20x9 with Bora 1.75 in the rear and couldn’t get it to fit. I would have to put a body lift on it at least 1.5 to clear. I love my set and currently running 35 MT toyo. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info man. That's pretty close to nailing what I was looking for. Did u add the Bilstein after because you wanted a bit more height or ride quality wise? & If you bought another truck would you buy another zone because you are that happy with or go different route?

I would recommend the zone lift, they are a sub brand of BDS and I am very pleased with the quality of my BDS lift. As far as tires goes, you are going to need a lot of trimming to fit 37s. I am running a 6" lift with 35's and I had to trim the plastic piece behind the driver's tire and the front valence. With 37's and -44 offset your tires will definitely be hitting the bumper when you turn. I'm not sure how close your clearance will be at the cab.
Thanks for that info. I do not have the plastic lip on truck anymore. Any other additional trim you would think just for the 35? I know I'm probably pushing my luck with 37's

I have the BDS 6" lift, standard non-coilover front, add a leaf rear. I'm running 35s as it's a daily but in the future I plan to run 37s (probably anyway). I didn't trim anything, and I don't rub (that I notice anyway).

Here is a quote from part of an email BDS sent me when I was asking the same questions.

With the coilover system you could clear a 37X12.50 on a 20X9 wheel with 5.75” total backspacing.  Wider wheels with less backspacing would require the body lift to clear the 37’s.

I didn't go with the coilovers for my kit, may upgrade in the future, who knows. I'd reach out to them. Ask what your options are.

Thanks for the info man. That's pretty close to nailing what I was looking for. Did u add the Bilstein after because you wanted a bit more height or ride quality wise? & If you bought another truck would you buy another zone because you are that happy with or go different route?

No problem. Yes, I wanted a bit more height and didn’t have the funds to go with Kings suspension. Yes, I love the lift and would buy another kit for my future truck. I was going back and forth with zone and bds and both offered what I wanted. I got a hell of a deal from one of our site members for mines. Good luck.

I have the 4.5" Zone lift with fox2.0's in the rear. I am extremely happy with how it turned out and the way the truck handles. I would highly recommend Zone lifts!

I don't know about fitting 37's in there but even if it's possible, I wouldn't recommend it. 35's are even boarderline being too big/heavy for the 1500's in which you probably want to do a custom re-gear. I'd imagine that you would be getting something like 10-ish mpg's with 37's. At this point, might as well as invest in a 2500...... You would have more power to the wheels and better mpg's

I know guys with 35's on a 1500 that get worse gas mileage than 37's on a 2500.  

Just my 2 cents...

16 hours ago, Ry•Rye said:

Thanks for that info. I do not have the plastic lip on truck anymore. Any other additional trim you would think just for the 35? I know I'm probably pushing my luck with 37's

With a -44 offset you may need some additional trimming. I'm not sure what the offset on my wheels are, but my tires are also 325/60r20, so I'm a little wider than guys that are running 35x12.50. That may be why I had to trim and one of the other members did not need to. I'll try to get some pictures of my truck today or tomorrow showing the remaining clearance at full lock that way you can get an idea of how much clearance there is.

With a -44 offset you may need some additional trimming. I'm not sure what the offset on my wheels are, but my tires are also 325/60r20, so I'm a little wider than guys that are running 35x12.50. That may be why I had to trim and one of the other members did not need to. I'll try to get some pictures of my truck today or tomorrow showing the remaining clearance at full lock that way you can get an idea of how much clearance there is.
Much much appreciated!

I've got the Zone 6.5" kit on my '14 Denali and I stuck 35" Duratracs on with factory wheels and no rub ANYWHERE.  I honestly think I might've been able to fit 37" tires in there.  I want to second what @a_salazar08 said, though.  I would NOT recommend going bigger.  I did the Add-A-Leaf extra because I hate the Cali-lean nose in the air look.  I don't know how much the tires you're considering weigh, but with these Duratracs my truck now feels like I've got the bed loaded full all the time.  I've lost 4-5mpg easy.  Still worth it with how sweet it looks, but damn she feels like a dog sometimes.  I am saving my pennies for a tune and possibly other power adders now.  I can't imagine what 37s would have done.  Just food for thought.

37s are def going to be a lot more for the suspension to try and handle. Even outside of the regearing and such you're putting a ton of extra weight in IFS trucks that just weren't meant for it. So I totally agree with all the comments being made here. 35s and a 4" lift is a great look as well if you're not super concerned with flex.

• Like 1

I've got the Zone 6.5" kit on my '14 Denali and I stuck 35" Duratracs on with factory wheels and no rub ANYWHERE.  I honestly think I might've been able to fit 37" tires in there.  I want to second what @a_salazar08 said, though.  I would NOT recommend going bigger.  I did the Add-A-Leaf extra because I hate the Cali-lean nose in the air look.  I don't know how much the tires you're considering weigh, but with these Duratracs my truck now feels like I've got the bed loaded full all the time.  I've lost 4-5mpg easy.  Still worth it with how sweet it looks, but damn she feels like a dog sometimes.  I am saving my pennies for a tune and possibly other power adders now.  I can't imagine what 37s would have done.  Just food for thought.

Very strong points. I was thinking how much mpg would be gone after 35's. Crazy part is you said on factory wheels and I spoke with zone a few days ago and they said absolutely no way a factory wheel would fit. I thought it was true because all the competitors state if they can fit factory and zone did not. And I as well do NOT want that Cali lift look. I want it as level as possible and figured the leaf would be needed even though they said it should be level from just the kit.

But it sounds as though everyone with zone kits are pretty pleased with the results