Cadillac escalade engine cover on a chevy Silverado

Johnny01: my truck doesn't have the studs.I ordered a set of two and received them today. Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The threads on the ones I received look like screw threads and not bolt threads.Johnny01!!

On 2/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, Mike GMC said:

Is this purely cosmetic, or does this cover serve a function?  The one on my 08 Caddy had a bunch of sound deadening material under it.  

Yes purely cosmetic. The Caddy folks want their engines with bling I guess. I told my wife about getting one of these a year ago when I 1st saw it. She asked why would you waste the money when 99% of the time nobody will see it.

14 hours ago, Johnny01 said:

The threads on the ones I received look like screw threads and not bolt threads.Johnny01!!

I think there is no bolts,, just a bulbous end so it just snaps in place with pressure , you may have the wrong studs you need bolt threads for the intake side of the stud

I think there is no bolts,, just a bulbous end so it just snaps in place with pressure , you may have the wrong studs you need bolt threads for the intake side of the stud
Johnny01: Do you know the part number i need for my 2016 chevy Silverado 5.3l V8 4x4?

22 hours ago, mikevickers10 said:

The studs highlighted in red in your photo, are they the ones required for the overlay? Or are they the ones that were on your truck prior?

My '17 never had the 2 studs. They are the only ones required to add the cover.

Johnny01: went out and took a look at my intake cover, which I should have done to start with. I found two offset bolts that hold the intake cover down, I replaced them with the studs I ordered and lay my cover on and it fit perfect. Sorry I bothered you buddy!!!

14 hours ago, Johnny01 said:

Johnny01: went out and took a look at my intake cover, which I should have done to start with. I found two offset bolts that hold the intake cover down, I replaced them with the studs I ordered and lay my cover on and it fit perfect. Sorry I bothered you buddy!!!

Can you post a picture ?

Following the thread I ordered the parts and got them in today. I did need the studs. (2015 Silverado LT 5.3). It took me longer to remove the caddy emblem than it took to install the shield. First to remove the caddy emblem I used a torx driver and pushed the emblem off using the hole in the back. It was pretty easy and took me longer to get the foam adhesive off than the emblem. Went to apply the new chevy emblem and was disappointed that it was flat instead of domed like the caddy one. I went ahead and applied it but I'm really not liking it. Sooo I started to do a little research. Well I think I have found the perfect solution. First my criteria was for something just like the caddy one. GM part 12620295 looks like it will fit the bill. It is domed, the right size and even has the little cutout notch for alignment. This is all based on pictures and measurements. I found it in a picture of a review of the 2016 Impala. That led me to some other places and finally found the part number. It's also a lot cheaper with a MSRP of $17 or so. It also fits the Chevy Orlando and the Cruze and quite possibly more. I will be checking with my local dealer tomorrow and hopefully find it in stock but ordering it if needed. I'll give an update when I get it in and installed.

• Like 1

Following the thread I ordered the parts and got them in today. I did need the studs. (2015 Silverado LT 5.3). It took me longer to remove the caddy emblem than it took to install the shield. First to remove the caddy emblem I used a torx driver and pushed the emblem off using the hole in the back. It was pretty easy and took me longer to get the foam adhesive off than the emblem. Went to apply the new chevy emblem and was disappointed that it was flat instead of domed like the caddy one. I went ahead and applied it but I'm really not liking it. Sooo I started to do a little research. Well I think I have found the perfect solution. First my criteria was for something just like the caddy one. GM part 12620295 looks like it will fit the bill. It is domed, the right size and even has the little cutout notch for alignment. This is all based on pictures and measurements. I found it in a picture of a review of the 2016 Impala. That led me to some other places and finally found the part number. It's also a lot cheaper with a MSRP of $17 or so. It also fits the Chevy Orlando and the Cruze and quite possibly more. I will be checking with my local dealer tomorrow and hopefully find it in stock but ordering it if needed. I'll give an update when I get it in and installed.
Johnny01: please do and let me know the outcome.

Johnny01: please do and let me know the outcome.

Johnny01: I looked the part number up and it is 90mm Dia. Which is 3.54" standard. So I measured the engine cover where the emblem sets and it will fit.I purchased one for $16.99. It was for a chevy cruse diesel. Thanks for putting the information out there.

• Like 1