Have you had leaky trans cooler lines?

1500fp

I've had to replace the transmission cooler lines 2 times so far on a 2014 silverado 1500LT.

Once at around 40k miles, and now again at 85k.

I never tow anything or beat on the truck at all, mostly highway miles.

Mechanic said this is extremely common on these trucks, and they always fail at the crimp. (which both of my failed lines have done)

Please post up if you have had to deal with this crap! I know it can't just be me....

Yes..They did on my Yukon and my Sierra. My aunt and one the guys I used to work also had leaky lines on their tahoes. I'd be looking at aftermarket lines if mine weren't just replaced under warranty.

It should be noted that none of them leaked bad enough to cause any issues other than making the lines dirty.

Yeah Ive also had to do them twice but on different vehiles.  My 2008 GMC Sierra had to get them done at about 65k and my 2013 Yukon recently got them and it has about 55k.  I noticed just a few drops of ATF on the ground under the yukon and I could tell they needed it.  But the truck I couldnt tell until I looked under the hood and noticed how much they were leaking.  The skid plate under the engine was catching the ATF and not letting it hit the ground.  

Yup, they changed them twice on mine... once at ~80k and then again recently (@ ~119k).  Both times I was told that they were leaking at the crimps.  Fortunately, both times were covered under my drivetrain warranty.

102k miles and i have no idea. I guess i should look at it if its common issue.

Related: What can be leaking around the right rear wheel that is yellow in color? Im thinking brake fluid? I see it on snow if the truck has been sitting for a day or so.

1 hour ago, Ozer said:

102k miles and i have no idea. I guess i should look at it if its common issue.

Related: What can be leaking around the right rear wheel that is yellow in color? Im thinking brake fluid? I see it on snow if the truck has been sitting for a day or so.

Yellow snow, hmmm, you're sure a dog isn't lifting it's leg on you're tire?

1 hour ago, garagerog said:

Yellow snow, hmmm, you're sure a dog isn't lifting it's leg on you're tire?

Haha didnt think of that but pretty sure not, its under the truck. I will have to get down there and look if it ever gets warm up here in the frozen tundras of North East

Archived