random clicking sound

Ive noticed on my truck every now and then I will hear a clicking sound, its always 3 clicks in a row, sounds similar to a turn signal noise. It always comes from the drivers side and I think I may have heard it with the truck off but only within a few seconds of turning the truck off. I'm pretty sure it does whether its in remote start or the key in the ignition and I cant hear it while I'm driving the truck so I don't know if its not doing it or I just cant hear it. It has nothing to do with the truck moving so I'm sure its electrical and not mechanical. Anybody elses truck do this? 2010 sierra

My 03 does this when I unlock it.  I think its just the switches/relays for perimeter/interior lights and such, and timers for those things firing.  Similar things happen when you turn ignition off too.

4 hours ago, PTXer said:

My 03 does this when I unlock it.  I think its just the switches/relays for perimeter/interior lights and such, and timers for those things firing.  Similar things happen when you turn ignition off too.

Sounds like it comes from the middle of the cab in between the doors and it has done it after idling for 5 to 10 minutes. It is totally random when it happens

Archived