Ahead of New Generation Arriving, How High Will Silverado & Sierra Special Deals Go?

Gorehamj

sierra 1500 2018 11k.png

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

2-9-2018

The GMC Sierra is now available with up to $11,000 off the MSRP. GM-Trucks.com members know this happens periodically, and that we have reported on Silverado deals this high in the past as well. However, the deals have been getting steeper over time and both the Sierra and Silverado are about to be all-new trucks. 

The special deals on trucks has caught the attention of U.S. News & World Report Autos which published Best Cars To Buy Now and Best New Car Deals stories each month."Automakers often offer major discounts on bad cars, but it's possible to get a great deal on a top-rated vehicle,”says Jamie Page Deaton, managing editor of U.S. News Best Cars. "You can get a no-interest financing deal on the Chevrolet Volt extended-range EV, cash back deals combined with no-interest financing on the Mazda6 and Lincoln MKX, and a whopping $11,000 off the GMC Sierra pickup – all before you even start negotiating."

Ford and Ram are also offering amazing deals. Rams are available with up to six years of 0% financing or $7,500 cash back and the Folks at Ford are offering $5,300 cash back on the F-150. With the new 2019 trucks just around the corner, what would you guess would be the most money a dealer would take off a new Silverado or Sierra 1500?

Depending on the area of the country. I noticed Laura has new trucks with msrp of 56,000 marked down 16,000. Going off that this early into 18 I would guess you might see 18.000 off late summer. But most dealers my guess right now will only want to move a couple thousand off the GM 11,000 incentive if they move at all right now .

I doubt they will go too high. What usually happens is they just keep them on late models and sell them to people who don't need/want the newest thing, but just want a good deal.

I don't see them going much higher. There is a nice 2500 HD Dmax LTZ on a lot here.  It has been there a while.  Kind of wondering how low they will go in it.   I'm still holding out for the 2019 myself.  I don't think they can get the price low enough on the 18's to get me in one, well maybe if they come down 20K then I might consider one. :)

30 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I don't see them going much higher. There is a nice 2500 HD Dmax LTZ on a lot here.  It has been there a while.  Kind of wondering how low they will go in it.   I'm still holding out for the 2019 myself.  I don't think they can get the price low enough on the 18's to get me in one, well maybe if they come down 20K then I might consider one. :)

20k off might entice me to upgrade from my 2009 3500HD.  Especially if I can get a good price for my current truck.

Archived