Gorehamj

Ahead of New Generation Arriving, How High Will Silverado & Sierra Special Deals Go?

sierra 1500 2018 11k.png

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

2-9-2018

The GMC Sierra is now available with up to $11,000 off the MSRP. GM-Trucks.com members know this happens periodically, and that we have reported on Silverado deals this high in the past as well. However, the deals have been getting steeper over time and both the Sierra and Silverado are about to be all-new trucks. 

The special deals on trucks has caught the attention of U.S. News & World Report Autos which published Best Cars To Buy Now and Best New Car Deals stories each month."Automakers often offer major discounts on bad cars, but it's possible to get a great deal on a top-rated vehicle,”says Jamie Page Deaton, managing editor of U.S. News Best Cars. "You can get a no-interest financing deal on the Chevrolet Volt extended-range EV, cash back deals combined with no-interest financing on the Mazda6 and Lincoln MKX, and a whopping $11,000 off the GMC Sierra pickup – all before you even start negotiating."

Ford and Ram are also offering amazing deals. Rams are available with up to six years of 0% financing or $7,500 cash back and the Folks at Ford are offering $5,300 cash back on the F-150. With the new 2019 trucks just around the corner, what would you guess would be the most money a dealer would take off a new Silverado or Sierra 1500?

Depending on the area of the country. I noticed Laura has new trucks with msrp of 56,000 marked down 16,000. Going off that this early into 18 I would guess you might see 18.000 off late summer. But most dealers my guess right now will only want to move a couple thousand off the GM 11,000 incentive if they move at all right now .

• Like 1

I doubt they will go too high. What usually happens is they just keep them on late models and sell them to people who don't need/want the newest thing, but just want a good deal.

i was looking around at base model crew hd trucks and a truck with a 44k msrp might go for 36 if you are willing to make a long trip.  but i think the hd model cycle is a year behind the 1500 so that may not mean much.

I don't see them going much higher. There is a nice 2500 HD Dmax LTZ on a lot here.  It has been there a while.  Kind of wondering how low they will go in it.   I'm still holding out for the 2019 myself.  I don't think they can get the price low enough on the 18's to get me in one, well maybe if they come down 20K then I might consider one. :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I don't see them going much higher. There is a nice 2500 HD Dmax LTZ on a lot here.  It has been there a while.  Kind of wondering how low they will go in it.   I'm still holding out for the 2019 myself.  I don't think they can get the price low enough on the 18's to get me in one, well maybe if they come down 20K then I might consider one. :)

20k off might entice me to upgrade from my 2009 3500HD.  Especially if I can get a good price for my current truck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Roberto
      Hi Everyone,

I could have sworn I already posted this, but I can't find it anywhere.  My 2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain SLT 1500 truck's media center seems is glitchy, it's either that or I have a haunted truck.  I'll be driving and my radio display and my odometer display will randomly start selecting items and cycling through the menu, it will randomly change stations, and one time it even selected voice command, all without any input. Anyway,  I've experienced this issue before and I took it to the dealer and while they told me they had never heard or seen the issue before they suggested that they would perform a software / firmware update on my infotainment / intellilink system to see if that would fix the issue and it worked.... for a few months, now it's back.  I was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same thing and if they were able to find a permanent fix for it?  It is absolutely annoying and very distracting.  I have searched this forum and I haven't seen a post from a member that has the same thing that I have experienced.  Any help would be appreciated, I'd like to have a permanent fix for this once and for all.  I've include a video of what's going on. 

• By Jared_bennett
      Alright so I’ve been wanting to to the 6l80 swap in my 2011 rcsb 4.8/4l60 for a while now. Not for gas mileage or anything like that, simply because I want to. I am capable of doing the swap and have a tuner, just need to know what all is needed. Thanks!
    • By Tyler Sywyk
      Hello, I own an 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel Crew Cab Long box pick up, it's throwing a display message, but not giving me any codes, the message is service trailer brake system, it used to show that message and then I had it brought into the shop the second of July and they replaced the trailer break relay in the rear, had to change out some eye connectors at the fuse box. They also replaced the fuse. Worked great again from then to about a three weeks ago and this was including an 11 000km trip towing the trailer, it brought the message up again. The truck had been sitting and driven every once and a while, a bit of idling this winter as well, but no towing. so I replaced the fuse because it looked blown. After replaced it work fine again no more message thought maybe wet weather caused it. Now unfortunately now again yesterday I went to use it again and the message comes up, it was just recently used a few days ago and no message, today we have some dense fog as well as some rain. I think it only happens when it rains heavy or fog.. I am not entirely sure on that though. I replaced the fuse in the fuse box for the (ITBC) The one I changed out before to get it to work, and this time it did not work and nothing changed on the dash message still up.  I can more than easily replace the Relay without any issues, but I don't want to do that if it is just going to create the exact same issue. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Also on a side note, whenever I start the truck it puts out grey smoke until it has warmed up passed about 79-85 degrees Celcius (174F-187F), which is normally after driving for about 5 mins 10 at most or letting it high idle until that temp, it also does smoke when driving until warmed up. it never puts out black or blue smoke. Its grey, just as it is on a cold day in a gas engine. today we've reached the highest temp lately about 8 degrees Celcius and it still smoked. It never did this in the summer or fall just after it got cold. So I am just wondering if this is normal or if something is causing this to happen when it shouldn't be. Could it be something  as simple as it needing an oil change? Or also does it need a long drive at highway speed to deal with burn cleaning the DPF? I am a new owner to this pickup, and it is my first year with it so I am new to diesel's and don't know what to expect from them.

Any help Is much appreciated!

• By Chevy11192
      I drive a 2014 Chevy Silverado with factory 22s and 285/45/r22 tires. I plan on putting a leveling kit on it and getting some bigger tires to beef it up a little bit. Thinking about a 3” leveling kit in the front with 1” blocks in the rear. (Just running a 2” leveling kit in the front would be an option but I’ve heard you can only get 33s under there)

A few questions: does anyone have any experience with a setup like this? What’s the biggest size tires I could get? (I’m assuming I could get 34s without rubbing). And also, what are everyone’s recommendations on tread width? I’m wondering if I should stick with a 285/55/r22 or upgrade to something a little wider?

I appreciate any help!