As stated in the title, has anyone either painted or powder-coated their front Tow Hooks? I just had all my Chrome done Satin Black and now these hooks are MUCH more visible to me than they were before... 

I also thought I had read somewhere (but couldn't find again when I searched) that the Tow Hooks are quite a PITA to remove on the GMC Sierra/Sierra Denali... can anyone confirm if this is the case??

Thanks!

I would think it would be cheaper just to buy new ones.  I replaced my black ones with red ones.  They were easy to replace only took about 15 minutes.  You will need to cut the head off of the bolt on the drivers side.  I used a sawzall to do it.  Then just put the bolt back in the opposite way it was.

I would think it would be cheaper just to buy new ones.  I replaced my black ones with red ones.  They were easy to replace only took about 15 minutes.  You will need to cut the head off of the bolt on the drivers side.  I used a sawzall to do it.  Then just put the bolt back in the opposite way it was.

Do you have any pictures? Sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See some on EBay powder coated different colors so it can be done. I did the red lines on my 15 Silverado but debated on these since mine is white. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2018-Silverado-Sierra-1500-White-Powder-Coated-Tow-Hooks/173141259027?hash=item285005f313:g:NUoAAOSw-4Rad5mF&vxp=mtr

• 3 weeks later...

no cutting necessary!!! you need to loosen 3 boLts these hold Interior frame Behind the bumper. wiggle the bolt out.

I had mine powder coated. and when re-installing install the bolt the other way

removal 20 mins

instal 10 mins

Archived