LBZ bad fuel mileage

Hey guys my LBZ is getting 15.5mpg and to me that doesn’t seem like what it should get. I don’t drive it that hard I have an injen cold air intake, egr  blocker with finger stick, 4inch straight pipe with 3in downpipe, and pcv reroute. I tried to run some sea foam through but got nothing, it runs great doesn’t roll any coal and seems to have great power, it had a fuel leak but i fixed it, no leaks that I know of/see. I warm my truck up in the winter but I don’t drive on the highway much mostly country roads and my work is like 5 miles away. 

You need to drive it longer than that to heat it up and burn off any condensation, and burn off carbon in the combustion chamber. 5 miles is short even for a gas motor, that's especially short for a diesel which takes much longer to warm up

You should look into a beater gas car for going to work. Unless you tow a trailer to work there's no reason to be driving a diesel truck that short of a distance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, casey.mikl said:

Warm it up. And make a trip down the highway. Beat on it and get it nice and hot try to burn some of the crap out of it that may have built up over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always warm it up and I try to do it on the weekends and some nights after work

Archived