2015 gmc 2500hd 4"leveling kit eating my truck

Noticed today this crack any one know what's going on here other that it's not gonna be cheap to fix .... bought the truck used last year asked the dealer to install a proper  leveling kit I ended up sitting with a 4" leveling kit and now what looks like an a&&  f*(#ing. 

Hoping someone has also made this mistake . Truck sits nice rides rough as he'll I'm thinking they should have changed out the shocks for longer .....they did not . 

20180212_132742.jpg

That’s a droop stop. Some people I’ve seen have cut that out. I didn’t. From your picture I would be surprised if your not hearing that control arm banging on that droop stop. If they raised your front 4inches they should  have been smart and replaced the upper control arms with a set made for leveling that are angled to miss the droop stop and help flatten the angle of your upper ball joints. 

didn't even know they had a "4 inch leveling kit", whatever is on that truck needs to be taken off asap, you most likely have worn suspension parts as well. would take it to a good front end shop. if you have ever wondered about why the ride is so rough this is your answer

All you need is new upper control arms designed for a 4" level.  This will stop the harsh ride and also put the upper ball joint at the correct angle.

Make sure your shocks have extender brackets installed as well otherwise you'll destroy them quickly.

post more pictures of your truck. We love leveled trucks

• 1 month later...

Ya I have also never heard of a 4" level.  Usually the leveling kits are 2.25".  I put a 2.25" kit in mine and 2" blocks in the back to keep it level when loaded.  Originally they had the front keys turned up to much and my control arms were banging off those stops like yours appear to be.  The ride was horrible.  I had them turn the keys down so that there was a little clearance between the stops and control arms and it made a huge difference in the ride, and it got rid of the banging sound over every bump.  

I have decided I want to go higher now though so I am looking at a 5" lift and some 37" tires maybe in the future... 

ED25C72D-F87A-41CC-AD96-0337B0C528A9_zps

truck%20with%20deck%204_zpsvoszyn1d.jpg

Archived