Coin in defrost

So my problem is just what the title says. My 2 year old "princess" decided to drop a coin down the defrost while we were waiting for my boys to get out of school. 

Everytime I turn or slow down, I can hear it rolling around and it's driving me absolutely nuts!

What's weird though is that if you're sitting in the driver's seat it sounds like it's coming from the passenger side, but it's the opposite if you're sitting in the passenger seat. That's why I think it was dropped in the defrost. 

Anyone have any tips on getting this out?

I did take all the vents out the other day to see what I was dealing with and I'll definitely have to get a vacuum hose and try that way. 

My mother-in-law has a really flat vacuum hose she uses to vacuum out the lint from her dryer vent that's inside the dryer, not the the one leading outside. That's a pretty narrow opening, so maybe I'll have luck with that. I just don't know how long that hose is.

Edited by njs2247

Different but similar, I share only in case your ending mimics mine.

In the day, my little daughter dropped a plastic Easter egg in the port on the back of one of my Klipsch speakers.

It required professional removal.   

3 minutes ago, Boardmember said:

Different but similar, I share only in case your ending mimics mine.

In the day, my little daughter dropped a plastic Easter egg in the port on the back of one of my Klipsch speakers.

It required professional removal.   

Been there before. When my son was 1, he dropped a toy down the port on the back of my subwoofer. Fortunately I was able to take the amp off the back and get it that way.

do you have any way of fishing a magnet down the vent and hoping the coin 'sticks'?  i've got some "rare earth magnets" and man those suckers are strong!

i figured before i posted this that i actually try this with some coins...  all my canadian quarters and dimes worked, 1 nickle did and one nickle didn't.

i only had 1 american coin kicking around  - a nickle and it did not

When I was a small child, I was playing with a marble on the dash of my grandmothers new 1970 Impala. Well eventually it found its way down the defroster duct. That damn thing rolled from one side to the other every time you turned a curve for the next 18 years......

You might get lucky and try accessing it through the cabin air filter and /or blower motor. I would adjust the defrost/heat/ac location settings hoping it would work its way to the bottom. If that doesn't work then you will have to start pulling the dash....