Coin in defrost

You mentioned double faced tape. You might try a piece of good duct tape doubled over with the sticky side out. Some 3M trim tape might work too if you wrap a section of the bore scope near the end. Same goes with the duct tape, near the end of the bore scope.

Well, I'm officially an idiot. So after buying a borescope that connects to my phone via USB and taking all the vents off and searching in the ducts, it turns out there was no coin in any of the them. 

I had my daughter and wife take turns sitting in the middle seat and listen while I shook the truck side to side. After a few turns listening, their opinion of where the sound was coming from changed to up above. So I decided to take the panel off the top console not expecting to find anything. Instead, I found a loose screw rolling around. I felt like such a fool lol.

I could've swore my daughter put a coin in there because at that same time I had stopped her from dropping a candy wrapper down there. Plus, she was playing with some loose change I had in the console. So I owed her a big apology with an ice cream lol. Sorry if I left some of you in suspense for how I got the coin out lol.

• Like 6

Nathan,  I'm a LOT like you, every little rattle, crinkle, etc, bugs the hell out of me, not only when I'm driving, but even when I'm a passenger (even in someone else's vehicle). 

On the "we'll look back at this and laugh" side, I was rolling with some of the solutions.  Glad it all worked out though.

I'm so annoyed by noises in my truck, my wife always refuses to answer me when I mute the radio and ask her "do you hear that?" :lol:

I'm really glad GM got rid of the doors that went all the way to the roof line. 

I don't know how many times I greased the weather stripping on that 08 Sierra to make the squeaks and rattles stop!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old topic but you really saved my sanity.  A coin had rolled down into the vent on my 2019 sierra and a few days later I could hear it rolling around I thought.  Probably did everything you did trying to find it, with no success.  Frustrated and ready to tear the dash apart, I found this thread...    Discovered on my truck exactly what you found.  A screw in the upper console that came loose and was rolling around...   Thanks for posting the topic and solution for the rest of us, you are a hero....😂