Removing climate control notifications from radio display screen 2017 GMC Sierra 1500

Good morning all, as the title says, is there a way to remove the notifications from the radio display screen? I've searched on this forum and Google with no success..... I would understand the reason for them being there if the dials spin endlessly like volume control or channel tuning, but each dial and button has a visible marker and a limit as to how far it can spin. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

On 2/18/2018 at 6:16 AM, ParkandRide said:

It's more of visual thing for me/distraction while driving. I also hate how it overlays whatever screen I have displayed so I was trying to find a solution to it.

Kind of like when you set your cruise, you can't do anything with the DIC until the "announcement" goes away.  I'd like to remove the HVAC notification message too.

Just hit the middle "check" button on the steering wheel and the cruise notification screen will go away. Actually, any time the DIC shows a notification, it will go away by pressing that.

21 hours ago, njs2247 said:

Just hit the middle "check" button on the steering wheel and the cruise notification screen will go away. Actually, any time the DIC shows a notification, it will go away by pressing that.

REALLY??!!!  COOL!!!  I didn't know that, I'll have to try that on the way home, tonight.

On 2/21/2018 at 10:44 PM, njs2247 said:

On 2/22/2018 at 8:17 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

REALLY??!!!  COOL!!!  I didn't know that, I'll have to try that on the way home, tonight.

So, I tried it out that night and last night, WORKED!!!  Thanks for the advice, Nathan.  Now to find a way to do the same thing with the HVAC message.  Tried the "check" button on the steering wheel, out of curiosity, negative results, thus "the cat died," again.

Archived