Rotate tires.

So I brought my 17 Silvey in for it's free oil change. Got them to rotate tires. She says on 4X4's they go front to rear,  rears to front and cross. Didn't know that. Funny thing they take the tires off to check pad wear but don't rotate unless you pay 20 bucks even though tires are already off. Is well worth the 20 bucks.  Hourly rate is 135. Canadian an hour   

Jim

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I let my wife take my truck in for I believe the 2nd free service. She came home with it and i read the paperwork and it did not indicate the tires were rotated. I called them and complained and said why didn't you do the service? They claimed that because my tires showed no wear, I didn't need it. Well great, that's why I want it done. I'm not waiting for them to show wear to get them rotated. The next time I licked my finger and wiped 1 and 2 lines on the tires, so I could tell if they were done correctly.

Its not like its hard. I could rotate my tires twice in less than the time it takes to drive to the dealer and I don't even have a fancy air impact gun, I use the good old fashioned wrenches. And that's how they will be rotated from now on.

7 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I let my wife take my truck in for I believe the 2nd free service. She came home with it and i read the paperwork and it did not indicate the tires were rotated. I called them and complained and said why didn't you do the service? They claimed that because my tires showed no wear, I didn't need it. Well great, that's why I want it done. I'm not waiting for them to show wear to get them rotated. The next time I licked my finger and wiped 1 and 2 lines on the tires, so I could tell if they were done correctly.

Its not like its hard. I could rotate my tires twice in less than the time it takes to drive to the dealer and I don't even have a fancy air impact gun, I use the good old fashioned wrenches. And that's how they will be rotated from now on.

At least they were honest about being worthless assholes.

When I bought my 14 it came with 4 "free" oil changes and tire rotations.  I only drive 5k miles a year but I had them rotate the tires anyway and I also stood outside the garage to make sure they did it.  As mentioned above they did it wrong.  Any rear wheel drive and 4 wheel drive vehicle has the rear tire brought to the front the and fronts are crossed to go on the back.  I actually rotated my tires Saturday after 10k miles since my last rotation and decided to use my spare as the holding tire instead of blocking the truck up on the frame.  Glad I did, the psi in the spare was at 15psi!  Good reminder for everybody to check the air in that spare because you never know when you may need it.  Also invest in a torque wrench if you don't have one, never trust that the garage did it right.

Had my first free oil change two days ago. I marked all tires with chalk, they rotated rear straight to front and front crossed on the rear. They also corrected the air pressure in them all (one was about 2lb low) and check/filled all fluids (washer fluid was low)

You should definitely go get your $20 back. It's stated clearly on Chevrolet's website: 

As your comprehensive owner benefit program, Chevrolet Complete Care ensures our commitment to owner satisfaction for all 2017 Chevrolet vehicles.

• 2 maintenance visits, including 2 oil changes and filters, tire rotations and Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection (MPVI)  
  • 5 years of the OnStar Basic Plan
  • 3 months of the OnStar Guidance Plan
  • 5 years or 60,000 miles of Roadside Assistance with Courtesy Transportation

i'd rather spend 30-45 minutes rotating my tires (and getting a free workout) than driving 10-15 minutes to a tire shop and waiting an eternity for them to get around to it (and likely eventually screw something up in the process), then driving 10-15 minutes back home.  like oil changes, its just easier to knock them shits out myself.  i have the driveway, the jack stands and the tools to keep myself from making excuses.  never have the time where i WANT to actually do that shit, but when its due, you just gotta make that time.

SACK the f.uck up, guys....

15 minutes ago, spectaculous said:

i'd rather spend 30-45 minutes rotating my tires (and getting a free workout) than driving 10-15 minutes to a tire shop and waiting an eternity for them to get around to it (and likely eventually screw something up in the process), then driving 10-15 minutes back home.  like oil changes, its just easier to knock them shits out myself.  i have the driveway, the jack stands and the tools to keep myself from making excuses.  never have the time where i WANT to actually do that shit, but when its due, you just gotta make that time.

SACK the f.uck up, guys....

I totally agree with you. But when you get 2 or 4 "free service visits" included, why not use them? I have no intention of ever paying for an oil change or tire rotation. But if GM is going to give me a couple on the house for buying a truck, I'll go sit in the dealership and eat their popcorn, drink their soda and use their wifi for an hour.

33 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I totally agree with you. But when you get 2 or 4 "free service visits" included, why not use them? I have no intention of ever paying for an oil change or tire rotation. But if GM is going to give me a couple on the house for buying a truck, I'll go sit in the dealership and eat their popcorn, drink their soda and use their wifi for an hour.

You get free popcorn and soda while you wait? I'm getting screwed. No popcorn, and coffee that I can't drink anyway because it's 6 million degrees. My dealership is the only one to touch my truck so my lifetime powertrain warranty stays intact. If something fails because of something they didn't do, they can cover the repair.

Archived