2019s finally getting HUD!!

I’ve been wanting this feature for years, and after carefully examining tons of pictures from the auto show I found the controls for it clear as day.

in many pictures I saw what I thought was the reflection of the HUD opening, but didn’t want to rely on that alone.  

On on another note,  the more I’m seeing about the truck the more overall I’m very impressed.

7C1A1D39-88F6-4E5F-B73E-6A480A41B079.jpeg

• Like 1

I really, really, miss the HUD I had in three of my Pontiacs.  Neat to see this is coming to the trucks, might put a little dent in the whole 12" RAM display talk.  Of course, the 12" is only their top model, and I would assume the HUD is only on the top GM models, so might never see it, but still...

17 minutes ago, Robopie said:

I dont give a rats ass about HUD personally.   I hope the new generation has adaptive cruise control.

Man I didn’t care about it either before driving my in laws Escalade on many trips out of town.  You really get used to it and miss it when it’s gone. 

It it sounds so stupid trying to describe why you like it, because even while describing why you like it you are thinking you sound stupid lol.  But I’m telling you,  it’s great.  

If you don’t care for it, best thing to do is not drive a vehicle that has it so you’ll not know what you are missing.

Edited by obfirefighter22

5 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Can anyone tell me what the 3 buttons are next the steeling wheel in the picture? HUD, power peddles? and what else?

HUD up and down,  position on the windshield.

Info, info to show like MPH, Directions, speed limit, etc

Brightness

thats the options on the other models, and with the same control configuration.

here it is clearer on a stingray

B4E07901-61A0-4473-B42F-B073769E1948.jpeg

Edited by obfirefighter22

1 hour ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Can anyone tell me what the 3 buttons are next the steeling wheel in the picture? HUD, power peddles? and what else?

THey are HUD brightness, height adjustment on window,  and information select. You can choose mph +speed limit, mph+ tach or  turning directions from your nav system. Probably other stuff. I have it on my '16 Corvette and love it.  OOps! I didn't see previous post explaining things. Sorry.

Edited by smit303
I reposted by mistake.

You are just now seeing this? It was been known since the reveal...

While a nice feature for navigation instructions it is pretty useless unless you are performance driving which won't be happening in a truck, but it is something new to the truck world to grab all those buyers who just want more and check every box and create a headline of something this truck has that others don't so why the heck not? It is another little thing that drives up the overall costs of these trucks though but we are beyond that point.

Tyler

I had 3 Corvettes that had it and I never used it. I tried but I guess I'm so used to analog gages that I saw no advantage to HUD. Looks cool though.

Edited by '17 Sierra

On 2/13/2018 at 4:21 PM, amxguy1970 said:

You are just now seeing this? It was been known since the reveal...

While a nice feature for navigation instructions it is pretty useless unless you are performance driving which won't be happening in a truck, but it is something new to the truck world to grab all those buyers who just want more and check every box and create a headline of something this truck has that others don't so why the heck not? It is another little thing that drives up the overall costs of these trucks though but we are beyond that point.

Tyler

All I know man is my in laws have it on their Escalade we use to travel in.  I love it personally.  It’s something that truly isn’t a necessity, but I did grow used to neve taking my eyes off the road I guess you could say but also know my speed.  It’s a minor detail, but one I have truly wanted for the past few years.  

And if if this was known since the reveal(I’m assuming your referring to the event lowering the truck from the helicopter) I don’t know where. I google the hell out of it and search this site for anything: 2019 Silverado HUD heads up display, and nothing pertaining to the actual Silverado any year range would show.  

• 3 weeks later...

I too feel that this feature should be a top feature in just about every car/truck.  HUD is very much the way to go IMHO.  People will keep their eyes on the road better, if not at least a little bit.

And, you guys are right on the peddle adjustment, I don't see it either in any of the pics.  It might be in the radio display though.  What I'm trying to figure out is this button...

button.JPG

I had HUD on my '99 Grand Prix GTP and missed it dearly on my 2008 G8 GT and my 2011 CTS-V wagon. Had it on my 2016 Chevy SS and it was very nice to have. You don't know how much you like it until you don't have it. Completely negates the need to look down at tour gauges. I was surprised that my '18 Sierra didn't have it.

And that button to me looks like it controls the side steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, Nargg said:

I too feel that this feature should be a top feature in just about every car/truck.  HUD is very much the way to go IMHO.  People will keep their eyes on the road better, if not at least a little bit.

And, you guys are right on the peddle adjustment, I don't see it either in any of the pics.  It might be in the radio display though.  What I'm trying to figure out is this button...

button.JPG

That button turns off the power running boards.  

• Like 1