Sierra air dam removal

2 hours ago, swirvn said:

7d251eb2c2b55468c52af7cf9d6de6e9.jpg

I didn’t like the look with it completely off so I cut it in half. Best of both worlds. Still has the finished look but isn’t dragging on the ground like the stock one looks.

I just took it off and cut it along the seam and reinstalled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s exactly what I want to do I just haven’t really had time lately. Might try it tomorrow

On 2/20/2018 at 5:42 PM, swirvn said:

I didn’t like the look with it completely off so I cut it in half. Best of both worlds. Still has the finished look but isn’t dragging on the ground like the stock one looks.

What did you cut it with?

32 minutes ago, swirvn said:

Removed it from the truck then taped it off and cut it with a dremel.

It’s pretty soft plastic.

wasnt sure if i shouls use industrial scissors, vibrating tool, dremmel, jig saw, xacto..lol so many options

Removed it from the truck then taped it off and cut it with a dremel.

It’s pretty soft plastic.

Looking at your it looks like you cut at the upper line? See my pic. You cut the line above the one I have tapped here?649908082c6d55f4668a55b5aa854f83.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looking at your it looks like you cut at the upper line? See my pic. You cut the line above the one I have tapped here?649908082c6d55f4668a55b5aa854f83.jpg

I cut it right at the seam so alittle below your tap line.

I cut it right at the seam so alittle below your tap line.

I'm assuming you mean above. In my picture it's positioned how it would be mounted. So I'll probably re tape and cut at the first seam above my tape line. I just wanna measure 100 times cut once.

I'm assuming you mean above. In my picture it's positioned how it would be mounted. So I'll probably re tape and cut at the first seam above my tape line. I just wanna measure 100 times cut once.

Correct, I thought you had it upside down as mine had alittle big of a taper to it in the center.

Right at the seam is where I cut so just above your tape line in your pic and kept it the same depth all the way around.

Correct, I thought you had it upside down as mine had alittle big of a taper to it in the center.

Right at the seam is where I cut so just above your tape line in your pic and kept it the same depth all the way around.

Very good! Thanks.

On 2/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, swirvn said:

That actually looks better than having it off I think. I might have to try to do this too. Thanks for the idea!

How do you like those ultra rims, and what size are they?

How do you like those ultra rims, and what size are they?

They are actually Method NV 17 x 8.5 (0 offset) with Toyo 285/70/17

I really like them and different than most trucks I see here in Florida. Everyone seems to want 20’s but if you take it off road the lower profile tire and more exposed rims get beat up.

I didn’t want to lift the truck but wanted it leveled so I did it the proper way with suspension. I have the Fox 2.0 and just added cognito UCA’s because my stock ball joints were trashed.

They are actually Method NV 17 x 8.5 (0 offset) with Toyo 285/70/17

I really like them and different than most trucks I see here in Florida. Everyone seems to want 20’s but if you take it off road the lower profile tire and more exposed rims get beat up.

I didn’t want to lift the truck but wanted it leveled so I did it the proper way with suspension. I have the Fox 2.0 and just added cognito UCA’s because my stock ball joints were trashed.

I got that air dam done. Looks way better!