Can you change the default temperature settings for remote start?

Does anyone know if you can change the default start up temperature settings when starting with remote or via the Chevy App?

Everytime I start my truck with the app or remote, the AC comes on full blast. This will be nice during the coming Texas summer, but we have been going through a cold spell and it’s miserable.

SOMEONE HELP!!!!❄️☃️

I’m in a 2018 Silverado LTZ Z71.

If your truck has the dual controls and auto feature (LTZ should have that) just make sure it is set to auto and the computer will fire up the heat or AC automatically when you remote start as determined by ambient outside temp.  If you have it set to auto (left knob at bottom punch that silly thing and it will light up) and the truck is running AC at startup in cold weather then you need the dealer to reprogram the system cuz that is not right. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 11:13 PM, dave07 said:

Running the AC helps defog the windows in the cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With HVAC set to 'AUTO', the AC light will come on, even if it's freezing outside. This is normal. Even though the light is on, it doesn't mean the compressor is engaged. AC will help control the moisture levels in ALL weather conditions, even if it's freezing out.

My other cars with auto climate control do the same thing.

Edited by Loco-diablo
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, MidnightJohnny said:

Everytime I start my truck with the app or remote, the AC comes on full blast. This will be nice during the coming Texas summer, but we have been going through a cold spell and it’s miserable.

If you have the temp set warmer than the ambient temp, it should not be blowing cold air. But if you left your truck with the temp set to LOW, maybe it does. I have abandoned manually adjusting the heating system (like on my old car) and just leave it on 70 degrees AUTO all the time. Every time I remote start, it won't really blow much air for a few minutes until the engine warms up, then it pushes out plenty of warm air, with the AC light on to remove moisture.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:13 PM, dave07 said:

Running the AC helps defog the windows in the cold!

On 2/15/2018 at 6:59 AM, Loco-diablo said:

With HVAC set to 'AUTO', the AC light will come on, even if it's freezing outside. This is normal. Even though the light is on, it doesn't mean the compressor is engaged. AC will help control the moisture levels in ALL weather conditions, even if it's freezing out.

My other cars with auto climate control do the same thing.

All defog/defrost runs through the AC-side of your HVAC, as John said, this is how your climate system removes excess moisture from the inside to keep the inside from fogging/frosting up.  Even on older systems, you can leave your system in AC-MAX with the temp set to "hotter than Hell," and your AC would still heat up your vehicle.

How long are you letting it idle? It should warm up eventually.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Idle time varies, but no matter the time the AC is still blasting full power. Def going to play with it more tomorrow and see if I can edit the settings.

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn in the heated seats or heated steering wheel with remote start? If I could do that, I wouldn’t mind the AC blowing as much, especially given the window defrost factor.

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn in the heated seats or heated steering wheel with remote start? If I could do that, I wouldn’t mind the AC blowing as much, especially given the window defrost factor.

There’s a setting to have the heated seats activate via remote start. They activate but the light doesn’t illuminate. Once you get in the truck and put the key in, you’ll have to manually hit the heated seat button for it to continue heating the seat.(This is in the owners manual)
You can’t activate the heated steering wheel via remote. The truck must be running with the key to turn it on.

Idle time varies, but no matter the time the AC is still blasting full power. Def going to play with it more tomorrow and see if I can edit the settings.

And what’s the ‘auto’ temp set at one you get in and turn the key?
If the ambient temp in the truck is higher than the ‘auto’ setting the ac will come on. If it’s lower, the heat will come on. In either case, the ac light will always be on when in auto (or defrost) mode.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, MidnightJohnny said:

Does anyone know if you can change the default start up temperature settings when starting with remote or via the Chevy App?

SOMEONE HELP!!!!❄️☃️

I’m in a 2018 Silverado LTZ Z71.

Not through the app.  Before you shut the truck off, set the temperature to a warmer temperature, and the AUTO climate will then function during remote start to how you want. 

22 hours ago, MidnightJohnny said:

16 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

There’s a setting to have the heated seats activate via remote start. They activate but the light doesn’t illuminate. Once you get in the truck and put the key in, you’ll have to manually hit the heated seat button for it to continue heating the seat.(This is in the owners manual)
You can’t activate the heated steering wheel via remote. The truck must be running with the key to turn it on.

Even if the heated/cooled seats do turn on, you won't feel it as soon as you sit down, but after you've been sitting in the seat for awhile.