Circle D 3000-3200 stall 0-100

Got my Circle D 278mm HP 3000-3200 stall put in my truck today. Had my tune adjusted for it and made some other changes. Launching in auto 4wd and leaving it in auto 4wd with Zak from Klug Performance in the truck we logged a 5.18 0 to 60 with a 1/4 tank of e85 and air temp of 32 degrees tonight. Last week with Zak in the truck an air temp of 28 degrees, same fuel amount, same launch prior to the stall truck did a 5.60 0 to 60. Right around a 4 tenth gain. Can't wait till spring to get some time slips with the new converter. Drives great under normal driving conditions and at highway speeds. Very happy with my choice.

6 hours ago, Josh154 said:

4 tenths is gonna be huge on your 1/4 times 

One thing I have been told is an aftermarket stall can effect your top end. That is why when paired with the right cam, turbo, supercharger, or nitrous it is great. I dont want to get my hopes up to much as far as expecting a 4 tenth drop on the 1/4 mile et as well.

34 minutes ago, drentlaw1 said:

Very nice! I plan on doing the same stall in my 2014 with the 6.2. then doing a cam and heads package from Texas Speed to go along with it. Just have to work some more overtime hahaha

I hear you there! Working overtime to save up for a supercharger next lol.

Here is a Video I made today with a flash start. I left it in 4wd vs auto 4wd this time. Also today it is 45 degrees and the video last night it was 28 degrees. Seems to run pretty good both ways.

Definitely looks like it ran harder in the first video. I’ve only launched mine in 4 hi and left it there. Is 4 auto safe to launch in? Here’s a video of my stock 6.2 4wd launch. 

4 hours ago, Josh154 said:

Definitely looks like it ran harder in the first video. I’ve only launched mine in 4 hi and left it there. Is 4 auto safe to launch in? Here’s a video of my stock 6.2 4wd launch. 

I've always launched in 4wd but I saw a lot of guys launching in auto 4wd and wanted to try it. Also I heard a flash start with the Circle D converters normally have faster 60ft times vs stalling it up.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, drentlaw1 said:

Did you do the install yourself?  I got a quote from a place and they wanted $900 in labor, and I supply the parts. 

I had a local shop install it which was 750 dollars for the labor and fluid.

1 hour ago, .justin. said:

Are you locking the converter in first gear at the 24mph mark there?

At first under WOT it was trying to lock the converter which was causing a hesitation at 4100 rpm at the launch. Zak with Klug Performance had to change the lock up settings which fixed the hesitation. I am not sure what he reset the lock up to. I can find out though.

38 minutes ago, .justin. said:

Cool.  That explains that little pause there in acceleration.  Was just curious.

Yup all fixed after that quick change with the lock up speed.

Tuesday night got some good 55 degree weather. Tried several different ways to launch the truck. With a passenger(160lbs), 1/4 tank of e85, DA of 665, and the same exact spot we always do a 0 to 75mph logged pull. Brake stalled, 4wd hi launch, and switching to 2wd right after the launch was 5.52 0 to 60. Stalled to 1400rpm then flashed, 4wd hi, and switching to 2wd right after the launch was 5.57 0 to 60. The final brake stalled, 4wd auto, switched to 2wd right after the launch was 5.47 0 to 60. I will try all three again at the track but right now stalled auto 4wd launch is the quickest in my truck. Decent jump from stock.

Screenshot_20180223-212615.png

Archived