New Member Rant

cowtownhorn

242k on 2000 Silverado.

Rhino liner...not so much.

All you AFM owners?  Still GM?

Giving DSF a chance?  Moved on?

Boy, this is so much like the old mustard gold Maytag washer/dryers all our parents owned isn't it?

I had a firsthand witness to the failure that is active fuel management.  Coming out of Texas Motor Speedway last fall.  We waited...and waited.  Then went.  Then the GMC Yukon went into full on failure when we reached stop/go traffic.  It was PULL OVER AND STOP ENGINE NOW failure.

The people who own that GMC Yukon have ditched it.

My level of disappointment with GM is incalculable.  This failure unfortunately confirmed all my doubts.

Dynamic skip fire may well be the best technology ever.  I do not have 3-5 years to wait on the verdict.

10 yr old Tundra tech it is.  It works. It doesn't go to the shop.  Just like my 2000 Silverado.

I hate writing it as much as you hate reading it but you know it's right.

WHEN I DROP 20K LIKE IN 2000, OR 30+K IN THEN NEAR FUTURE, NOTHING IS LEFT TO DOUBT.

I will gladly pay the difference in MPG for something reliable.

GM SHOULD OWE PEOPLE MONEY OVER THE FAILURE OF AFM.

THE SAME AS RHINO LININGS

20180213_230426.jpg

Welcome to this forum.  I owned a 2000 Silverado for 9 years.  Since then I've owned two GM trucks (with AFM) and like them even more.  I don't suggest that AFM is why I like them more, but certainly no reason not to buy a new GM.   Get a new truck with AFM and a properly applied liner and enjoy.  You will immediately notice a dramatic power increase and a significant drop in fuel costs!

Archived