How do I get rid of “You are Driver 1” Message on DIC

Hi fellas. I’m new to this forum and was hoping someone might have the answer I’ve been searching for.

I’m driving a 2017 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel, and I recently had a new key and fob programmed at the dealer. Now, I keep getting a message every time I start the truck that says,”You are driver 1 for memory features.” It was not doing this before and it won’t go away unless I try switching to a different information screen, even with the dismiss button there.  

Is there a way to completely get rid of this message? I have tried contacting my dealer and they don’t have any answer to this. It will say “driver 2 or driver 3” if I use the other keys. I just want to get rid of the message and not have it pop regardless of what key I am using. I am the only person who drives my truck. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks guys. 

B9F7FFF4-926B-4A9A-AF74-0B6ABBA8D9EE.jpeg

Should be easy.

Don't switch fobs.

(the message is the only way I know of to identify which fob you are using)

I only get the message when the fob used is different from the one used last time.

If you are using 2 fobs, then you also have to remember to save the memory settings to both mem 1 and mem 2,  unless you have the memory features turned off in the personalization settings. 

The truck can recognize more than 2 fobs, (I think it can have up to 8),  but only the first 2 are assigned memory locations.

Thanx 4 your help. :) 

I’ve only used 1 key and fob. I haven’t switched it around. I tried using the new key and fob that was recently programmed to see if it would stop showing up. But since then, I’ve been using the original key and fob the truck came with. And I have the memory features turned off in the settings. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, YungBuck said:

Thanx 4 your help. :) 

I’ve only used 1 key and fob. I haven’t switched it around. I tried using the new key and fob that was recently programmed to see if it would stop showing up. But since then, I’ve been using the original key and fob the truck came with. And I have the memory features turned off in the settings. 

Was having the same problem after I disconnected a few modules in the junction box to do some wiring.  I simply re-set my seats/mirror as "driver 1" on the pad on the door and haven't seen the message since.

Archived